- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- 6451A: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, and manage Configuration Manager 2007.
- Course Outline
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, and manage Configuration Manager 2007. The course focuses on planning and deploying sites and clients, configuring software distribution, deploying operating systems, and managing software updates. It also focuses on remote tools and managing mobile devices.
This course is intended for Systems Engineers with one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running Microsoft Windows in medium to large enterprise organizations, and who have a need to plan a Configuration Manager 2007 deployment.
Additionally, this course is intended for Administrators who are responsible for configuring and managing one or more Configuration Manager 2007 sites and all supporting systems. They have one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running Microsoft Windows Server in medium to large enterprise organizations.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to plan, deploy, and manage Configuration Manager 2007 for their enterprise environment.
Module 1: Overview of Configuration Manager 2007
This module provides an overview of Configuration Manager 2007 features. It also provides an overview of the Configuration Manager site architecture and clients.
- Where Configuration Manager 2007 Fits Within the System Center Solution
- Configuration Manager 2007 Features
- Overview of Configuration Manager Site Architecture
- Overview of Configuration Manager Client
- Describe where Configuration Manager 2007 fits within the System Center Solution.
- Describe the Configuration Manager 2007 features.
- Describe the Configuration Manager site architecture.
- Describe the Configuration Manager client.
Module 2: Planning and Deploying a Single-Site Architecture
This module explains how to prepare for and deploy a Configuration Manager site. It also describes how to discover resources and how to upgrade an SMS 2003 site to Configuration Manager 2007.
- Planning to Deploy a Configuration Manager Site
- Preparing to Deploy a Configuration Manager Site
- Installing a Configuration Manager Site Server
- Discovering Resources
- Upgrading an SMS 2003 Site to Configuration Manager 2007
- Extend the Active Directory schema
- Install a Configuration Manager site
- Manage Configuration Manager users
- Configure boundaries
- Enable and configure discovery methods
- Describe Configuration Manager deployment planning.
- Prepare to deploy a Configuration Manager site.
- Install a Configuration Manager site server.
- Configure and enable discovery methods.
- Outline the process to upgrade an SMS 2003 Site to Configuration Manager 2007.
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Configuration Manager 2007 Clients
This module explains how to prepare for and deploy Configuration Manager clients. It also describes how to manage client installations and how to troubleshoot client deployment issues.
- Preparing for Client Deployment
- Deploying Clients
- Managing Configuration Manager Client Installations
- Troubleshooting Client Deployment
- Prepare the site for client installation
- Install the Configuration Manager client using various installation methods
- Review client deployment
- Prepare for client deployment.
- Describe methods for deploying clients.
- Manage Configuration Manager client installations.
- Troubleshoot client deployment issues.
Module 4: Collecting Inventory and Metering Software Usage
This module explains how to collect and manage hardware and software inventory. It also describes how to configure software metering.
- Overview of Inventory Collection
- Collecting Hardware Inventory
- Collecting Software Inventory
- Managing Inventory
- Metering Software Usage
- Configure and Manage Hardware Inventory
- Modify Hardware Inventory Collection
- Configure and Manage Software Inventory
- Configure software metering
- Describe the purpose and benefits of inventory collection.
- Enable hardware inventory.
- Enable software inventory.
- Managing inventory collection.
- Configure software metering.
Module 5: Querying and Reporting Data
This module explains how to create and run queries and reports. It also describes how to create and run dashboards.
- Introduction to the Architecture of Data and Status Queries
- Creating and Running Queries
- Configuring and Deploying a Reporting Point
- Creating and Running Reports
- Creating and Running Dashboards
- Create a query
- Run your query and view the results
- Create and run a query
- Create a reporting point
- Create a list report
- Create a filter report
- Create a count report
- Enable drill through for reports
- Create a dashboard
- Describe the architecture of data and status queries.
- Create and run queries.
- Configure and deploy a reporting point.
- Create and run reports.
- Create and run dashboards.
Module 6: Preparing for and Managing Software Distribution
This module explains how to configure and manage software distribution. It also describes how to monitor and troubleshoot software distribution.
- Overview of the Software Distribution Processes
- Preparing the Site for Software Distribution Objects
- Configuring Software Distribution Objects
- Creating and Configuring Collections
- Creating and Configuring Packages and Programs
- Distributing and Advertising a Program
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Software Distribution
- Configure the software distribution components
- Configure the Advertised Programs Client Agent
- Configure a distribution point
- Create a collection for software distribution
- Create and configure a package and program
- Distribute a package to distribution points
- Create an advertisement for a software package
- Install a software package
- Review results
- Describe the software distribution feature of Configuration Manager 2007.
- Prepare the site for software distribution.
- Configure software distribution objects.
- Create and configure collections.
- Create and configure packages and programs.
- Distribute and advertise a program.
- Describe methods to monitor and troubleshoot software distribution.
Module 7: Deploying Operating Systems Using Configuration Manager 2007
This module explains how to deploy operating systems using Configuration Manager. It also describes how to configure operating system deployments using PXE.
- Overview of Operating System Deployment
- Task Sequences in Operating System Deployment
- Capturing an Operating System Image
- Deploying an Operating System
- Configuring Operating System Image Deployments using PXE
- Prepare the environment for Configuration Manager operating system deploymen
- Create a capture media task sequence
- Create an image of the Windows Vista reference computer
- Configure the PXE environment
- Prepare a deployment task sequence and advertise it to a collection
- Boot the computer using PXE and install the reference image
- Describe operating system deployment.
- Describe task sequences in operating system deployment.
- Capture an operating system image.
- Deploy an operating system.
- Configure operating system image deployments using PXE.
Module 8: Deploying and Managing Software Updates
This module explains how to prepare for and manage software updates in Configuration Manager. It also describes how to monitor and troubleshoot software updates.
- Overview of Software Updates
- Preparing the Configuration Manager Infrastructure for Software Updates
- Managing Software Updates
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Software Updates
- Configure the software update infrastructure
- Manage software updates to clients
- Monitor software updates
- Describe the process of software updates.
- Prepare the Configuration Manager infrastructure for software updates.
- Manage the software update process.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software updates.
Module 9: Working with Desired Configuration Management in Configuration Manager 2007
This module explains how to configure desired configuration management in Configuration Manager. It also describes how to view compliance results.
- Overview of Desired Configuration Management
- Configuring Desired Configuration Management
- Viewing and Troubleshooting Compliance Results
- Configure desired configuration management
- Import and configure a configuration pack
- Assign the configuration pack to a collection
- View desired configuration management reports
- Describe desired configuration management.
- Configure desired configuration management.
- View compliance results.
Module 10: Using Remote Tools and Wake On LAN Features
This module explains how to work with Configuration Manager remote tools. It also describes how to configure and monitor Wake On LAN.
- About Configuration Manager Remote Tools
- Configuring the Remote Tools Client Agent
- Monitoring and Securing Configuration Manager Remote Tools
- Configuration Manager Wake On LAN
- Configuring and Monitoring Wake On LAN
- Configure the Remote Tools Client Agent
- Use the Remote Tools
- Monitor Remote Tools usage
- Enable and configure Wake On LAN
- View a report for Wake On LAN
- Describe the Configuration Manager Remote Tools feature.
- Configure the Remote Tools Client Agent.
- Monitor remote control usage.
- Describe the benefits of Configuration Manager Wake On LAN.
- Configure and monitor Wake On LAN.
Module 11: Managing Mobile Devices Using Configuration Manager 2007`
This module provides an overview of mobile device management. It also describes how to configure server and client settings and how to manage mobile devices.
- Overview of Mobile Device Management
- Configuring Server Settings to Support Mobile Device Management
- Configuring Client Settings
- Managing Mobile Devices
- Configure operating system prerequisites
- Configure site systems to support mobile device management
- Configure client agents to support mobile device management
- Configure the client deployment files
- Install the mobile device management client
- Manage the mobile device
- View mobile management reports
- Describe mobile device management and supported mobile devices.
- Configure server settings to support mobile device management.
- Configure client settings for mobile devices.
- Manage mobile devices.
Module 12: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Configuration Manager 2007
This module explains how to maintain Configuration Manager 2007 and how to troubleshoot Configuration Manager issues. It also describes how to backup and recover data and how to work with troubleshooting tools.
- Maintaining Configuration Manager 2007
- Backup and Recovery of Configuration Manager 2007
- Configuration Manager Troubleshooting Tools
- Backup a primary site system
- Use flowcharts
- Confirm backup is complete
- Perform a site repair
- Describe site maintenance tasks for Configuration Manager 2007.
- Describe backup and recovery tasks for Configuration Manager 2007.
- Describe Configuration Manager troubleshooting tools and processes.
Module 13: Planning and Configuring a Multiple Site Hierarchy
This module explains how to plan and configure a multiple-site hierarchy including installing a secondary site and installing a proxy management point. It also describes how to decommission sites and hierarchies and how to roam in multiple-site hierarchies.
- Introduction to the Configuration Manager Site Hierarchy
- Configuring Configuration Manager Site Communications
- Installing a Secondary Site Server
- Decommissioning Sites and Hierarchies
- Roaming in Multiple Site Hierarchies
- Plan the hierarchy
- Prepare the server
- Configure communications for Seattle to Vancouver
- Configure communications for Vancouver to Seattle
- Join the Vancouver primary site to the Seattle primary site
- Verify the parent and child site are communicating
- Transfer site settings
- Install a secondary site
- Install a proxy management point
- Uninstall a secondary site.
- Advertise the Microsoft Office Excel Viewer.
- Install the Microsoft Office Excel Viewer on SEA-CL1.
- Advertise the Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer.
- Install the Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer on SEA-CL1
- Advertise the Microsoft Office Word Viewer.
- Install the Microsoft Office Word Viewer on SEA-CL1.
- Describe the Configuration Manager site hierarchy.
- Configure Configuration Manager site communications.
- Install a secondary site server.
- Describe methods to decommission sites and hierarchies.
- Describe client roaming.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A base-level understanding of Systems Management Server 2003.
- System Administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers
- TCP/IP networking
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prerequisites Before attending this course, students must have: � A base-level understanding of Systems Management Server 2003. � System Administrator�level working knowledge of: � Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers � TCP/IP networking � SQL Server � Active Directory � Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 342 times.