Participants will obtain a thorough understanding of aircraft ground de/anti-icing policies and procedures.
- Course Outline
Flying is inherently safe, although winter adds another dimension. Flight safety may be compromised if de/anti-icing is improperly performed. It is therefore mandatory that all personnel involved receive both initial and recurrent training, in order to ensure they obtain a thorough understanding of aircraft ground de/anti-icing policies and procedures. Critical issues such as training, procedures and responsibilities must be reviewed on an annual basis, to guarantee that all persons involved are fully briefed and competent.
Who Should Attend:
- Line Technicians
- Ground Personnel
- Flight Crews
- Dispatch Personnel
- Receive the latest and safest deicing procedures available
- Network and learn from other professionals in the industry
- Attendees complete written exam and receive certificate of training
- Program is compliant with FAA training requirements
- Receive a comprehensive Business Aircraft Deicing Guide
(Class Time 8AM-5PM)
- Brief History
- Training and Qualification
- Effects of Contamination on Aircraft Surfaces
- Aircraft Familiarization & Critical Areas
- Ground Icing Conditions
- Clear Ice Formation on Upper Wing Surfaces
- Deicing & Anti-icing Fluids
- Anti-Icing Freeze Point Buffer
- Fluid Storage, Handling & Testing
- Aircraft Inspections & Reporting Procedures
- Cold Weather Parking
- Representative Aircraft Surfaces
- Aircraft Deicing & Anti-icing Sequence
- Deicing & Anti-icing Fluid Application
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Seminar Manual, Refueling and Quality Control Procedures Guide, Certificate of Completion, 14 CFR 139.321 Fire Safety Certificate, Lunch, Drinks and Prizes
- Cancellation Policy
Registration fee is non-refundable, however, substitutions are permitted at anytime. If for any reason you are unable to attend and there is no one who can take your place, you must contact NATA to arrange for a credit. This credit is valid towards any future NATA seminar.
- Map & Reviews
National Air Transportation Association
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 346 times.