An intensive two-in-one course covering all aspects of the Business Analyst role – from requirements elicitation, requirements management to software testing & quality assurance. The emphasis of the course is on hands-on training on tools & technique.
- Course Outline
An intensive two-in-one course covering all aspects of the Business Analyst role Â– from requirements elicitation, requirements management to software testing & quality assurance. The emphasis of the course is on hands-on training on tools & techniques that can immediately be put to use at the workplace. Each Student receives a copy of all course material as well as a knowledgebase, containing useful templates, examples, guidelines and glossary for use back on the job. The course helps the students gain a detailed understanding of the Business Analyst role, tools, processes and helps them prepare for the CBAP certification exam.
BABOK Compliance: BABOK Release 2
Â Why Attend this Course?
More and more employers are beginning to recognize the need and value of a Business Analyst to an organization. With this increased recognition comes increased scrutiny of a business analyst's skills and experience. The CBAP certification is an industry recognized credential that helps Business Analysts demonstrate their skills and expertise in the key knowledge areas of business analysis as set forth by the IIBA.
Whether you are a new candidate wanting to get training or an experiencedÂ professional wanting to upgrade your skills and establish your credentials as a business analyst, this course will meet your needs.What Makes this Course Stand Apart? Value for money: No course on the market offers this amount of content, quality and affordability.
Tool-focused: This course focuses on the tools and techniques used by the Business Analyst to perform the role. We teach industry's leading tools like Rational Requisite ProTM, Rational RoseTM, Mercury Quality CenterTM, Mercury Quick Test Professional TM etc.
Scenario-based training: One integrated case study is used throughout the course to provide a consistent context for learning.
Experience: Our course is designed and delivered by experienced professionals with a solid background in business analysis.
BABOK 2 alignment: Our course aligned with BABOK 2 Â– the Business Analyst Book of Knowledge published by the IIBA. It has been developed by BABOK reviewers and is aligned with BABOK 2 knowledge areas, tools and techniques.
- Entry-level IT Business Analysts
- Self-taught IT Business Analysts requiring a course that fills in the gaps and puts all the pieces together
- Systems Analysts, Developers & QA Analysts interested in expanding their role into the business area.
Learning Objectives Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Conduct requirements-workshop sessions, Brainstorming / JAD sessions
- Create requirements & other project documentation including Requirements Management Plan, Vision Document, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case specification, Business Rules etc.
- Document user requirements with use cases.
- Use UML 2 Â– the current industry OO standard Â– in preparing use case, Activity, Class & Sequence Diagrams
- Create Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) & Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
- Understand basic concepts of iterative development & Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Understand the BA role with respect to Quality Assurance and be able to facilitate Structured Walkthroughs in order to test the requirements.
- Plan & Conduct User Acceptance Test sessions, create Test Scenarios & plans and manage software defects
Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
- Plan Business Analysis Approach
- Conduct Stakeholder Analysis
- Plan Business Analysis Activities
- Plan Business Analysis Communication
- Plan Requirements Management Process
- Manage Business Analysis Performance
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation Activity
- Document Elicitation Results
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Manage Solution Scope & Requirements
- Manage Requirements Traceability
- Maintain Requirements for Re-use
- Prepare Requirements Package
- Communicate Requirements
- Define Business Need
- Assess Capability Gaps
- Determine Solution Approach
- Define Solution Scope
- Define Business Case
- Prioritize Requirements
- Organize Requirements
- Specify and Model Requirements
- Define Assumptions and Constraints
- Verify Requirements
- Validate Requirements
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A copy of BABOK 2.0 (Business Analyst Body of Knowledge), An electronic knowledgebase containing valuable reference material and pdf versions of all presentation decks / materials used in class. A Certificate for 21 hours of Professional Development in IT Business Analysis is also awarded at the end of the class.' (Includes: manuals, certificates of completion, lunch or snacks provided)
- Cancellation Policy
Please note that while all classes should be marketed as "In-Class" and enrolments are welcome for all 3 locations, Millennium reserves the right to convert a class to "Virtual, Instructor Led" if enrolments for a certain location is less than 5 students.
If the student wishes to cancel the registration for some reason, the following refund policy will apply:
- Refund request 15 days before course start date 50% of tuition (or student will pay 50% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Refund request 7 days before course start date 25% of tuition (or student will pay 75% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Refund request less than 7 days before course start date No refund (or student will pay 100% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Map & Reviews
Millennium Communications & Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 595 times.