This course is the first within the CATIA V5 curriculum. Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to describe the basic terminology and use the basic features of the CATIA V5 Solutions.
- Course Outline
Upon the completion of this course, you will be able to design sheetmetal parts using associative feature-based modeling. You will also be able to design the parts using company-defined standard tables. Finally, you will be able to optimize your designs using the multi-body approach.
V5 Surface Design
This course introduces the students to the creation of quality curves and surfaces in the GSD workbench. You will learn how to analyse the wireframe and surfaces quality and how to correct the deteceted defects. You will also be introduced to the work in a multimodel enevironment with published surfaces.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- understand the GSD workbench
- create good quality curves or improve imported wireframe
- create good quality surfaces based on a sound wireframe geometry
- assemble, relimit and smoothly connect the surfaces to get a topology
- analyze surfaces quality and heal the surfaces defects.
- manage surfaces in a multimodel environment
- Getting Started
- Introduction to Sheet Metal Design
- Generative Sheet Metal Design Overview
- Defining Sheet Metal Parameters
- Recommendations for Getting Started
- Sheet Metal Walls
- What is a Sheet Metal Wall?
- Defining the First Wall
- Secondary Walls
- Part Recognition
- Recommendations for Sheet Metal Walls
- Bends and Unfolded Mode
- Unfolded Mode
- Corner Relief
- Recommendations for Bends
- Creating Flanges
- Recommendations for Flanges
- Sheet Metal Features
- Corners and Chamfers
- Standard Stamps
- User-Defined Stamps
- Recommendations for Sheet Metal Features
- Recommendations for Duplication
- Mapping and Output
- Point or Curve Mapping
- Advanced Topics in Sheet Metal
- Sheet Metal Standard Files
- Multi-Body Methodology
- V5 Surface Design:
- This course contains 6 lessons:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to GSD
- Lesson 2 :Wireframe Creation (Reference Geometry Creation, 3D Curve Creation, Curve Continuity Management)
- Lesson 3: Surface Creation (Choice of Surfaces, Extruding or Revolving Profile, Sweeping a Profile, Create a Multi Section Surface, Create an Adaptive Sweep Surface)
- Lesson 4 : Surface Re-limitation and Connection (Relimit the Surfaces, Assemble the Surfaces)
- Lesson 5 : Surface Check Tools (Surface Continuity Check, Surface Moldability Check)
- Lesson 6 : Work in Multi-Model Environment with Surface (Surface and Wireframe Publication, Use Published Surface in Product)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
CATIA Basics Mechanical Design
We offer small class sizes, full manuals, one workstation per student, customized courses, and up-to-date technology. Participants receive a certificate documenting their participation and completion of the training.
- Cancellation Policy
Education seats are reserved upon the receipt of payment and/or signed contract with an assigned number. Students may cancel or reschedule courses without penalty given 10-business day notification. A $750 (plus taxes) per course cancellation/rescheduling charge will apply for those receive inside a 10 days. No-shows or cancellations after start of course will be billed at full tuition. All cancellation or rescheduling refunds will be issued in the form of a Maverick Education credit note only.
- Map & Reviews
Maverick Solutions Inc.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 440 times.