Participants will learn the details of JBoss architecture, steps involved in setting up the application server, basic deployments, production installation and deployment issues, tuning and monitoring, securing the services and clustering.
- Course Outline
JBoss Administration Training course covers the details of setting up, configuring, and fine-tuning JBoss application server.
Participants in JBoss Training will learn the details of JBoss architecture, steps involved in setting up the application server, basic deployments, production installation and deployment issues, tuning and monitoring, securing the services and clustering.
Who should attend this course: JBoss Training course is intended for system administrators. It does not require Java or J2EE skills. At least 50% of the class will involve hands-on lab work.
Course Outline J2EE
- What is J2EE
- Overview of J2EE
- J2EE vs. other Web technologies
- JBoss Organization
- History of JBoss AS
- Features of JBoss AS
- JBoss AS Architecture
- JBoss AS Services
- JBoss AS Requirements
- Getting and Installing Java
- Configuring Java
- Getting JBoss AS
- Building JBoss AS from source
- Installing JBoss AS
- Running Java Installer
- Understanding Differences
- Explaining JBoss AS Directories
- bin, client, docs, lib, server
- Explaining JBoss AS Configuration Sets
- Difference between minimal, default, all
- Internal Directory Structure
- conf, lib, deploy, temp, work, data, log, etc.
- Logging on JBoss
- Starting JBoss AS from command-line
- Starting JBoss AS as a service
- Verifying JBoss Startup
- Stopping JBoss (locally, remotely)
- Booting JBoss AS from network
- J2EE Development/Deployment Lifecycle and Roles
- Deployment Descriptors (DTDs vs. Schemas)
- Deployment on JBoss AS
- JBoss Deployers (WAR, EAR, EJB, JAR, RAR, SAR, HAR, etc.)
- Deployment Dependencies
- Hot vs. Cold Deployment
- JBoss conf/jboss-service.xml file
- Tomcat Web Container
- Architecture and Configuration (server.xml)
- Concepts (Connectors, Engine, Host, Context, Valve, etc.)
- Understanding web.xml (Filters, Servlets, Mappings, etc.)
- Default web.xml
- Serving Static Content
- Virtual Hosting
- Web Access Logging
- JNDI on JBoss
- JavaMail on JBoss
- JMX on JBoss
- JMX Console
- Twiddle command-line tool
- Deploying JMX Services
- Web Console
- JBoss Monitoring
- Domains (Point-to-Point vs. Publish-Subscribe)
- JMS on JBoss
- Installing/setting up MySQL
- Overview of JDBC
- Installing JDBC Drivers
- Defining Resource Requirements
- Describing Database Resources (Connection Pools)
- Resource Mapping
- Testing database access
- Embedded Hypersonic database
- Securing Applications on JBoss AS
- Filtering clients by IP/Hostname
- Implementing JAAS-based declarative security
- Authentication and Authorization
- Securing passwords
- Basic vs Form login
- Handling A&A failures
- Authentication and Authorization
- Data Transport Security (SSL)
- Generating SSL certificates
- Configuring embedded Tomcat for SSL
- Requiring SSL by applications
- Securing JBoss AS
- User and file system security
- Securing console applications/tools
- Securing other JBoss AS services
- Running with Java Security Manager
- Running behind a firewall
- JVM Tuning and GC Optimization
- Tomcat Tuning
- RMI/EJB Tuning
- Log4J Tuning
- Tuning other JBoss services
- Slimming JBoss
High Availability and Scalability
- Defining Requirements
- Overview of clustering architectures
- Fronting JBoss with Apache Web Server
- Installing and Configuring mod_jk
- Load Balancing with mod_jk
- Enabling sticky sessions (server-affinity)
- Clustered Session Replication
- Clustered Single-Signon
- Clustering other JBoss AS Services
- Cluster Farming Deployment
Guaranteed to Run Notification
This course may not be Guaranteed to Run. In the training industry, especially when it comes to niche training courses, a provider sometimes may cancel a scheduled course. This happens due to lack of registrations.
Various providers have various thresholds for running a course. When a course is scheduled, it is by default tentative. Once the required number of registrations has been reached, the course will become confirmed.
When you register for this course you will be contacted by the trainer to confirm that this course is running. If you would like to find out if this course is running BEFORE registering please call us at 1-877-313-8881.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- A take-home copy of the courseware and/or textbook(s) and example/lab files.
- All equipment required to perform the hands-on parts of this class. This usually means a personal computer.
- Refreshments. This usually includes coffee, tea, juices, soft drinks, and water to keep you hydrated. Often, continental breakfast is also included.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy is:
* Full refund if you notify us two weeks ahead
* Half-refund if you notify us a week ahead
* No refund if you don't notify us at all or let us know too late (within a week of the class)
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 388 times.