An effective leader is able to shape the performance of many "diamonds in the rough". Turning less than desirable performance to acceptable and that to superior performance is a most satisfying experience for any one who acts in a leadership capacity.
- Course Outline
Leading a perfect team is a dream, not always a reality. In many situations there is a need to work with employees who lack either commitment or interest in their job. These employees will demonstrate their feelings through ineffective performance, a lack of performance or totally unacceptable performance. An effective leader is able to shape the performance of many "diamonds in the rough". Turning less than desirable performance to acceptable and acceptable performance to superior performance is a most satisfying experience for any one who acts in a leadership capacity.
Participants Will Learn To:
- Motivate and inspire staff to reach goals
- Evaluate performance objectively
- Provide negative feedback without arousing defensiveness
- Conduct productive coaching sessions
1. Motivating Others To Perform:
- 4 Factors That Affect Job Performance
- 7 Motivational practices
- Coaching To Gain Employee Commitment
- Providing Performance Feedback Artfully
- Motivating Marginal Performers
- Overcoming Resistance To Change
- Reducing Resentment
- What To Do When The First Approach Doesn't Work
• Instructor Presentation
• Full-Group Discussion
• Small-Group Interaction
• Individual Exercises
• Practice Exercises
Value Added Option: Participants at each training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the workshop and expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations with less than four weeks' notice are subject to the full fee. Participant substitutions can be made at any time.
- Map & Reviews
Job Design Concepts Inc.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1970 times.