Learn the skills essential to getting your ideas, plans & feelings across with confidence & conviction. Differentiate between aggressive behaviors which can create antagonism, assertive behavior & passive behaviors, which can hinder your performance...
- Course Outline
Many job-related frustrations and stresses can be traced to discomfort in handling the following types of situations:
1. Making difficult and unpopular requests of others
2. Responding to unreasonable demands of others
3. Saying no
4. Disagreeing with someone's ideas
We may avoid dealing with these types of situations or may offend others by coming on too strong.
Learn to act assertively by expressing your feelings or thoughts directly and firmly with composure.
- To learn the skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction
- To differentiate between aggressive behaviors which can create antagonism, assertive behavior and passive behaviors, which can hinder your performance
- To overcome any reluctance and to practice assertion appropriately in dealing with difficult situations
- To improve interpersonal relationships, job satisfaction and task accomplishment
- The benefits of assertiveness
- Differentiating aggressiveness, non- assertiveness and assertiveness
- Understanding your rights
- Increasing your self-esteem
- Using assertive non-verbal communication
- Being persuasive
- Using assertive language for negative feedback
- Saying no, without guilt
- Disagreeing diplomatically
- Controlling feelings and emotions
- Collaborating in conflict situations
- Learning how to not manipulate or be manipulated
- Recognizing when to confront & when to ignore
• Instructor presentation
• Full-group discussion
• Small-group interaction
• Individual exercises
• Practice exercises
Value Added Option: Participants at each training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the workshop and expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations with less than four weeks' notice are subject to the full fee. Participant substitutions can be made at any time.
- Map & Reviews
Job Design Concepts Inc.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3079 times.