- Security Programming and Security Management
- TRA - IT Security Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment Workshop (5 Days)
This is a cumulative course, wherein students are introduced to InfoSec and TRA concepts and principles at the outset and then build upon them throughout the course by analyzing a case study in syndicate at each step of the TRA process, by... (more)
- Course Outline
This applied course is designed for all TRA stakeholders, including TRA practitioners (those who conduct TRAs), risk management program managers (those who review and recommend risk mitigation strategies based on TRA results), staff supporting the TRA process (auditors, legal, human resources, corporate security, IT operations, etc.) and senior risk management executives (those who fund risk management programs and assume residual risk for their organizations).
Learning Objectives To enable TRA stakeholders to:
- Conduct cost-effective TRAs that meet organizational requirements
- Review and analyze TRAs in order to recommend amendments to baseline IS security safeguards and postures
- Approve, fund and implement IS security safeguards based on informed decisions
- Manage IS security programs through application of proven security risk management methodologies
- Risk Management Theory and Programs
- Role of the Risk Management Specialist
- IS Security Project Management
- The Harmonized Threat Risk Assessment (HTRA) Methodology and Case Study
- Mission Analysis
- Interviewing/ Presentation Skills
- Data Gathering Methods and Tips
- Asset Identification and Criticality Assessment
- Threats and Threat Assessment
- Vulnerabilities and Vulnerability Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Assessment of Existing Safeguards
- Recommendations for Additional Safeguards/Controls
- Cost Calculations of Safeguards
- TRA, BCP, CIP, PIA Interconnectivity
- Comparative TRA Methodologies
- Real-World Concerns
- TRA Practitioner Panel
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A Certificate of completion, as well as a Course binder will be provided to participants who complete this course.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1751 times.