In this course students will automate some common Excel tasks, apply advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, collaborate on worksheets with others, and share Excel data with other applications.
- Course Outline
Your training in and use of Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Excel. You have used Excel to perform tasks such as running calculations on data and sorting and filtering numeric data. In this course, you will extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Excel by automating some common tasks, applying advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, collaborating on worksheets with others, and sharing Excel data with other applications.
Course Objective: You will automate some common Excel tasks, apply advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, collaborate on worksheets with others, and share Excel data with other applications.
Target Student: This course was designed for students desiring to gain the skills necessary to create macros, collaborate with others, audit and analyze worksheet data, incorporate multiple data sources, and import and export data. In addition, the course is also for students desiring to prepare for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist exam in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007, and who already have knowledge of the basics of Excel, including how to create, edit, format, and print worksheets that include charts and sorted and filtered data.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (Microsoft Business Certification) skill sets. The Microsoft Certified Application Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order to earn Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- increase productivity and improve efficiency by streamlining your workflow.
- collaborate with others using workbooks.
- audit worksheets.
- analyze data.
- work with multiple workbooks.
- import and export data.
- use Excel with the web.
- structure workbooks with XML.
Lesson 1: Streamlining Workflow
- Topic 1A: Create a Macro
- Topic 1B: Edit a Macro
- Topic 1C: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic 1D: Add Data Validation Criteria
- Topic 1E: Update a Workbook's Properties
- Topic 1F: Modify Excel's Default Settings
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Others
- Topic 2A: Protect Files
- Topic 2B: Share a Workbook
- Topic 2C: Set Revision Tracking
- Topic 2D: Review Tracked Revisions
- Topic 2E: Merge Workbooks
- Topic 2F: Administer Digital Signatures
- Topic 2G: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 3: Auditing Worksheets
- Topic 3A: Trace Cells
- Topic 3B: Troubleshoot Errors in Formulas
- Topic 3C: Troubleshoot Invalid Data and Formulas
- Topic 3D: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
- Topic 3E: Create a Data List Outline
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data
- Topic 4A: Create a Trendline
- Topic 4B: Create Scenarios
- Topic 4C: Perform What-If Analysis
- Topic 4D: Perform Statistical Analysis with the Analysis ToolPak
Lesson 5: Working with Multiple Workbooks
- Topic 5A: Create a Workspace
- Topic 5B: Consolidate Data
- Topic 5C: Link Cells in Different Workbooks
- Topic 5D: Edit Links
Lesson 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Topic 6A: Export Excel Data
- Topic 6B: Import a Delimited Text File
Lesson 7: Using Excel with the Web
- Topic 7A: Publish a Worksheet to the Web
- Topic 7B: Import Data from the Web
- Topic 7C: Create a Web Query
Lesson 8: Structuring Workbooks with XML
- Topic 8A: Develop XML Maps
- Topic 8B: Import and Export XML Data
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge: * Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 Level 1 * Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 Level 2
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 384 times.