The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure & basic concepts & has comprehended the core principles of ITIL® practices for Service M.
- Course Outline
The purpose of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL® terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL® practices for Service Management.
The ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the ITIL® practices for Service Management without further guidance.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service Management as a practice (Comprehension)
- Service Lifecycle (Comprehension)
- Key Principles and Models (Comprehension)
- Generic Concepts (Awareness)
- Selected Processes (Awareness)
- Selected Roles (Awareness)
- Selected Functions (Awareness)
- Technology and Architecture (Awareness)
- ITIL Qualification scheme (Awareness).
What Makes This Course Unique
Our unique use of IT service management tools to demonstrate how processes work accelerates the knowledge transfer to the participant. We have created a learning experience that is both exhilarating and enjoyable and based on disciplines learned in executive development programs, underpinned by the total quality management, and an in-depth knowledge of IT provisioning. Furthermore, we have a pre-training kit that is sent to each participant prior to attending the course.
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course attendees will understand how IT Service Management processes can improve IT operations. In particular, participants will:
- Understand Service Lifecycle
- Comprehend the main activities of main processes
- Be aware of key ITIL definitions
- Be prepared to take the Foundation Certificate examination
Origins, development and governance
- Defining IT Service Management
- Reviewing the structure and scope of the Foundation Certification Examination
- People, process, technology and partners
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Key terms and definitions
ITIL v3 Key Principles and Models
- The three types of Service Providers
- Perspective, position, plan or pattern
- Service Portfolio design
- Technology design
- Process design
- Insourcing, outsourcing, partnership
- The Service V model
- Business value, asset and configuration management
- Quality vs. Cost of Service
- Reactive vs. proactive
- Plan, Do, Act, Check
- Service Portfolio Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Incident Management
- Event Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- The 7 step improvement process
- Service Desk
- Technical Management
- Application Management
- Operations Management function (IT Operations Control and Facilities Management)
Technology and Architecture
ITIL® Qualification scheme
Review, Practice Questions and Examination
- High level review of ITSM(TM)s key concepts
- Recommendations for exam technique
- Series of practice examination questions
- Examination: 40 multiple choice questions
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is awarded to participants who receive a passing grade of 65% on a multiple-choice exam. Maximum 60 minutes. Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their native language have a maximum of 75 minutes and are allowed the use of a dictionary)
ITIL Qualification Scheme
There are two streams in the Intermediate level. Both assess an individual's ability to analyze and apply the concepts of ITIL. Candidates are able to take units from either of the Intermediate streams, to gain credits towards the Expert Level.
Intermediate Lifecycle Stream - this stream includes 5 individual certificates built around the five core OGC titles, as follows:
Service Operation, and
Continual Service Improvement.
The focus of these modules is on the introduction and implementation of the specific Lifecycle phase, and coverage of the principles, processes and related activities.
Intermediate Capability Stream - this stream includes 4 individual certificates loosely based on the V2 Clustered Practitioner qualifications, but broader in scope in line with the updated V3 content, focussing on detailed process implementation and management within cluster groupings:
Operational Support and Analysis (OS&A). Subjects covered inc. Event, Incident, Request, Problem, Access, Service Desk, Technical, IT Ops and Application Management
Service Offerings and Agreements (SO&A). Subjects covered inc. Portfolio, Service Level, Service Catalogue, Demand, Supplier and Financial Management
Release, Control and Validation (RC&V). Subjects covered inc. Change, Release & Deployment, Validation & Testing, Service Asset & Configuration, Knowledge, Request Management and Service Evaluation
Planning, Protection and Optimization (PP&O). Subjects covered inc. Capacity, Availability, Continuity, Security, Demand and Risk Management.
To achieve the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management, candidates must successfully complete a number of Intermediate units in addition to the mandatory Foundation Level and the Managing Across the Lifecycle capstone course. This course brings together the full essence of a Lifecycle approach to Service Management, and consolidates the knowledge gained across the qualification scheme
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no prerequisites. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
Includes refreshment breaks, Lunch, Course binder ITIL Foundations certification upon passing the exam on the last day of training
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2298 times.