- Routing and Switching Network Engineer
- Interconnecting Cisco® Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
Topics included in this course are Configure, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications, Implement an IP addressing scheme and many more.
- Course Outline
The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be
included on the Remote Access exam. However, other related topics may
also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect
the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the guidelines below may
change at any time without notice.
Configure, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
• Describe enhanced switching technologies (including: VTP, RSTP,
VLAN, PVSTP, 802.1q)
• Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the
need for routing between them
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot trunking on Cisco switches
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot interVLAN routing
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VTP
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RSTP operation
• Interpret the output of various show and debug commands to verify
the operational status of a Cisco switched network
• Implement basic switch security (including: port security,
unassigned ports, trunk access, etc.)
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet
network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch
• Calculate and apply a VLSM IP addressing design to a network
• Determine the appropriate classless addressing scheme using VLSM
and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a
• Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6
(including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc)
• Describe IPv6 addresses
• Identify and correct common problems associated with IP
addressing and host configurations
Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on
• Compare and contrast methods of routing and routing protocols
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot EIGRP
• Verify configuration and connectivity using ping, traceroute, and
telnet or SSH
• Troubleshoot routing implementation issues
• Verify router hardware and software operation using SHOW &
• Implement basic router security
Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a
medium-size Enterprise branch office network
• Describe the purpose and types of access control lists
• Configure and apply access control lists based on network filtering
• Configure and apply an access control list to limit telnet and SSH
access to the router
• Verify and monitor ACL's in a network environment
• Troubleshoot ACL implementation issues
• Explain the basic operation of NAT
• Configure Network Address Translation for given network
requirements using CLI
• Troubleshoot NAT implementation issues
Implement and verify WAN links
• Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers
• Troubleshoot WAN implementation issues
• Describe VPN technology (including: importance, benefits, role,
• Configure and very PPP connection between Cisco routers
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 357 times.