- Security Programming and Security Management
- Deploying and Administering Microsoft Forefront Client Security
Learn critical deployment & administration skills in this 400-level instructor-led course on MS Forefront Client Security. Targeted at systems integrators, consultants & deployment partners, this 3-day class includes lecture & hands-on labs...
- Course Outline
Learn critical deployment and administration skills in this 400-level instructor-led course on Microsoft Forefront Client Security. Targeted at systems integrators, consultants, and deployment partners, this three-day class includes lecture and hands-on labs and was developed by Microsoft Consulting Services using their detailed implementation knowledge and best practices.
Audience Profile This course is intended for technical deployment specialists and senior-level administrators who manage a Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies infrastructure or security practice.
At Course Completion After completing this course, students will be able to:
•Describe the Forefront Client Security components and architecture, and identify the different server roles.
•Complete and troubleshoot the server setup process, identify various server topologies, and describe basic MOM concepts and the MOM agent.
•Identify Forefront Client Security client component characteristics and describe the client setup and deployment processes.
•Understand Forefront Client Security administration and user roles, Forefront Client Security Policy UI settings and policy deployments, and know how to troubleshoot the Management Console.
•Understand the reporting services infrastructure used by Forefront Client Security.
•Use Forefront Client Security reports and alerting services, and troubleshoot reporting procedures.
•Describe the security state assessment (SSA) component of Forefront Client Security, and understand its architecture.
•Describe the object processor and manifest update in SSA.
•Review the SSA Security Check messages and results.
•Review methods and procedures used to submit malware to Microsoft for analysis.
Course Outline Module 1: Course Overview This module provides an overview of the Forefront Client Security components and architecture. It describes what to expect from the product, and what modules will be covered on what days.
- Forefront Product Overview
- Forefront Client Security
- Microsoft Forefront Client Security Components
- Training Modules
- Describe the Forefront Client Security components and architecture.
Module 2: Forefront Client Security Server Roles and Topologies This module explains the various roles involved on the server side of a Forefront Client Security infrastructure, as well as how they relate to each other in the various possible topologies.
- Forefront Client Security Server Roles
- Collection Server
- Collection Server Database
- Reporting Server
- Reporting Database Server
- Forefront Client Security Server Setup
- Role Installation Steps
- Server Topologies
- SQL Server Database Sizing
- Configuration Wizard
- MOM Concepts
- Forefront Client Security Server Setup Troubleshooting
- Launch the Virtual Environment
- Create Forefront Client Security Accounts
- Install the Management, Collection, and Reporting Server
- Install the Reporting Server Database
- Install the Distribution Server Role
- Configure Client Security on a Three Server Topology
- Grant/Correct Permissions for Forefront Client Security Service Accounts
- Verify the Installation of Client Security on a Three Server Topology
- Identify the different server roles within Forefront Client Security.
- Complete the server setup process.Identify various server topologies.
- Review basic MOM concepts.
- Discuss Forefront Client Security server setup troubleshooting.
Module 3: Forefront Client Security Client This module explains the Forefront Client Security client setup configuration and deployment.
- General Information
- MOM Agent
- Client Setup
- Client Deployment Planning
- Forefront Client Security
- Client Deployment Methods
- Configure WSUS 3.0 to Deploy the Forefront Client Security Client
- Create a Forefront Client Security Client Package and Distribute It
- Distribute the Antimalware and Security Assessment State Definition Updates
- Malware and Spyware Detection
- View the Malware and Spyware in the Dashboard
- Be able to describe Forefront Client Security client component characteristics and information.
- Be able to describe the antimalware agent and engine.
- Understand the MOM agent.
- Understand the client setup process.
- Understand client deployment basics.
- Administration Dashboard
- Forefront Client Security Policy Deployment
- Forefront Client Security Management Console Troubleshooting
- Deploy a Test Policy
- Refresh and Verify Policy on the Client
- View Policy Application via GPResult
- View Summary Reports
- Policy Configuration Effects on Client UI
- Examine Data Retention Periods
- Modify Database Retention Settings
- Be familiar with Forefront Client Security administration.
- Understand Forefront Client Security Administration User roles.
- Understand Forefront Client Security Policy UI settings and policy deployments.
- Be familiar with Forefront Client Security Management Console troubleshooting.
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Architecture
- MOM Reporting
- Forefront Client Security Reports
- SQL Server Reporting Services Troubleshooting
- Explore Forefront Client Security Reports
- View Reporting Failure
- Specify SQL Server Reporting Credentials to Forefront Client Security
- Configure SQL Server Reporting Services
- Create an E-Mail Subscription
- Create an E-Mail Notification
- Follow the Alert Notification Flow
- View E-Mail Server Settings
- Understand the reporting services infrastructure used by Forefront Client Security.
- Be familiar with Forefront Client Security Reports.
- Be familiar with Forefront Client Security Alerting Services.
- Understand Forefront Client Security Reporting troubleshooting procedures.
Module 6: Security State Assessment This module explains security state assessment.
- Security State Assessment
- SSA General Information
- SSA Architecture
- SSA Object Processor (OP) and Manifest Updates
- SSA Security Checks
- Examine Security State Assessment information in MOM and the Forefront Client Security Management Console
- Configure WSUS for Security State Assessments
- Detect Vulnerabilities
- Update Clients
- Understand the security state assessment component of Forefront Client Security.
- Be familiar with the architecture of the SSA.
- Be familiar with the object processor and manifest update in SSA.
- Understand the SSA security check messages and results.
Module 7: Submitting Malware to Microsoft for Analysis This module explains malware submission.
- Malware Submission
- Assisting Customers with Malware Submissions
- Review methods and procedures used to submit malware to Microsoft for analysis.
Module 8: Closing This module provides a review of the Forefront Client Security course, and a list of Web sites that provide additional information on Forefront Client Security.
- Antimalware Client Registry Settings
- Antimalware Errors
- PP Tracing
- Antimalware Events
- SSA Scan Event Log Events
- MOM Command Line Reference
- Appendix A: Antimalware Client Registry Settings
- Appendix B: Antimalware Errors
- Appendix C: PP Tracing
- Appendix D: Antimalware Events
- Appendix D: Antimalware Events
- Appendix F: MOM Command Line Reference
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have Windows Server certifications or deployment experience and be familiar with the Forefront product line: Client, Server, and Edge.Free online classes and labs are available at https://partner.microsoft.com/global/productssolutions/40032262 to help ensure an adequate baseline knowledge has been achieved prior to attending this instructor-led training.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to email@example.com.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 365 times.