This series of 33 hands-on labs allows students to explore the new features of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Microsoft Office 2007, including Microsoft Office Groove 2007, & Microsoft Windows PowerShell.
- Course Outline
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This series of 33 hands-on labs allows students to explore the new features of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Microsoft Office 2007, including Microsoft Office Groove 2007, and Microsoft Windows PowerShell.
Audience: This course is intended for IT Professionals.
At Course Completion -
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Synchronize data between Microsoft Office Groove and SharePoint products and services.
- Use content types in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Personalize SharePoint Server 2007.
- Administer InfoPath Forms Services and Excel Services in the Enterprise edition of Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Deploy and configure Records Management in SharePoint Server 2007.
- Customize the 2007 Microsoft Office User Interface.
- Programmatically manipulate documents by using the Office Open XML Formats.
- Use Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 to design a custom workflow that is triggered on file creation or change.
- Design content-driven web sites with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Use Microsoft Windows PowerShell for administration and customization of Windows SharePoint Services and Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Site Creation and Administration
- Addition of Web Parts
- The Security Trimmed User Interface (UI)
- List Settings, Navigation, and List and Library Security
- E-mail Integration
- New Features in SharePoint Server 2007
- Integration Points with 2007 Microsoft Office Programs
- HOL 171: Synchronizing Data Between Microsoft Office Groove 2007 and Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies
- This lab explains how teams can work together in Microsoft Office Groove 2007.
- Collaboration Inside Contextual Workspaces
- Sharing Information in a Central Location
- Architecture and Design of Groove 2007
- Connecting to Enterprise Systems such as Windows SharePoint Services
- Defining Columns and Content Types for Reuse
- Managing and Administering Changes to Columns and Content Types
- Extending Content Types to Implement Custom Solutions
- Storing Custom XML data Within the Types
- The Multilevel Recycle Bin
- The Browser-Based User Interface
- New Options for the Command Line (stsadm.exe) Interface
- Importing Permissions from Active Directory
- Supporting LDAP and Other Authentication Providers
- Supporting SharePoint Groups, Active Directory Security Groups, and Active Directory Discussion Lists
- Permissions Inheritance
- Per-Item Security
- Personalizing User Profiles
- Targeting Audiences
- Personalizing Views of Public Pages
- Administering InfoPath Forms Services
- Administering Excel Services
- Components of the Enterprise Edition of Office SharePoint Server 2007
Creating Content Types for Categorizing Documents
Configuring a Central Records Repository
Setting Up Records Management Policies
Options for Automation
HOL 217: Getting Started with Search in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 This lab explores search options in SharePoint Server 2007.
New Search Options Available
Enhanced Search Options Available
HOL 221: Understanding the 2007 Microsoft Office System User Experience and Interface Design The objective of this lab is to become familiar with the new 2007 Microsoft Office Fluent user interface.
- Understanding the User Experience
- Design of the Interface
- Using the 2007 Microsoft Office Fluent User Interface
- The 2007 Office System Fluent Ribbon
- The Custom Task Pane
- Examining Sample Documents
- Implementing the Microsoft Office Open XML Format
- Editing Document Directly Without Using Microsoft Office Programs
- Solution Possibilities Using the New Default Office Program File Formats
- Programmatically Manipulating Documents Using the Office Open XML Formats
- Using Content Control to Define Document Structure
- Managing Content and Introducing Restrictions
- Performing Client-Side Manipulations
- Extending Solutions Using Content Controls
- Programming Structured Information in Word 2007
- Storing Structured Information Independently of the Presentation Surface
- Capabilities of the New Data Store and XML Binding
- Creating Document-Based Word 2007 Solutions
- Creating Complex Web Pages
- Integrating Public Worksheets with Data Points such as Web Parts
- Programmatically Extending Outlook 2007 to Provide Custom Functionality
- Developing Forms Using InfoPath 2007
- Creating Browser-Based Scenarios for InfoPath 2007 Forms
- Creating and Provisioning a Custom Document Library
- Content Types Related to the Custom Document Library
- Associating Custom Actions to an Existing Announcements List
- The Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Web Part Framework Controls
- The ASP.NET 2.0 Web Part Control Set
- Inheritance from Base Classes
- Assigning a Task Within Workflow Designer
- Building a Custom Workflow by Using the Windows Workflow Foundation plug-in to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- Deploying a Workflow to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Integrating Workflow Functionality with the 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Creating an Event Handler
- Associating an Event Handler with a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 List
- Configuring the Site Template Architecture
- New Options for the Site Template Architecture
- Creating Custom Business Applications
- Using the Web Parts and SharePoint List Connections
- Administering Search and the Search Center
- Customizing Search and the Search Center
- Creating Content-Driven Sites Using the Content Management Functionality
- Customizing SharePoint Pages and Applications
- Cascading Style Sheets
- The Data Web Form Part
- Building a Visual Studio Workflow
- Deploying a Visual Studio Workflow
- Testing Workflow Functionality
- Managing a Site
- Managing Site Collection
- Managing a Content Database
- Creating Portable Sites for Staging Environments
- Creating Automated Processes
- Form-Based Authentication
- Kerberos Authentication
- SharePoint Single Sign-On
- Configuring Additional ASP.NET Authentication Protocols
- Administering Windows SharePoint Services an Office SharePoint Server 2007 Using Windows PowerShell
- Customizing Windows SharePoint Services and Office SharePoint Server 2007 Using Windows PowerShell
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students should have: • Some familiarity with SharePoint Server administration.
A Certificate of completion, as well as a Course binder will be provided to participants who complete this course.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to email@example.com.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 297 times.