This workshop includes an important primer on e-mail etiquette and e-mail do's and don'ts--such as when to CC and when to BCC a list, how to effectively use auto-reply, and why to include your contact information in your signature file.
- Course Outline
For many, e-mail has become the primary means of communicating information—replacing the telephone and letter writing. With the time spent on writing e-mails rising rapidly, the threat of confusing and even losing a customer due to poor e-mail writing practices makes customer service that much more critical to your business success.
If you want to become a more effective and efficient e-mail writer – writing e-mail messages that answer questions, solve problems, get to the point and generate action – then this e-mail-writing workshop is for you.
Learn how to structure and write concise, effective e-mail messages that clearly make your point and satisfy your reader or motivate your reader to act—provide feedback or take other appropriate actions. Learn how to ensure you cover or clarify all relevant points when you reply to an e-mail message so your readers are satisfied that you have understood their concerns and have taken appropriate action.
This workshop includes an important primer on e-mail etiquette and e-mail do’s and don’ts—such as when to CC and when to BCC a list, how to effectively use auto-reply, and why to include your contact information in your signature file.
When you use the e-mail writing techniques presented in this one-day intensive workshop, everyone will benefit – you, your company, and your customers!
Who needs this workshop? Companies like yours that want to grow and succeed, and people like you who want to communicate effectively.
Highlights of what you will learn:
The overarching theme of the day is how to become a more effective and efficient e-mail writer. The tips, tools and techniques discussed may be applied to all writing, but the focus is on writing e-mail messages.
Workshop topics include:
- The writing process - planning, research, organization, writing and revision - and why one should follow the process
- Why you need to capture attention, hold interest, influence attitude and motivate action – in that order – to be effective
- Pre-writing exercises: Freefall, Clustering
- The importance of knowing your purpose and your call to action, and how to allude to them in the subject line, opening paragraph and closing
- Structuring e-mail messages: opening, body, conclusion
- Striking the proper tone in relation to your audience, message and purpose
- Close the communication loop: motivate timely feedback or action pertaining to your purpose (whether calling a meeting, asking for the review of a document, selling something, and so on)
- Writing process short cut for e-mail message: W5 (who, what, where, when and why)
- Writing sample e-mail messages (at least 3)
- Obtaining feedback, if desired, from other participants and the instructor
- Replying to e-mail message: use the received message to form the body of your reply
- Appropriate use of To, CC and BCC
- E-mail etiquette, do's and don'ts
The emphasis will be on e-mail messages written by staff who work in the following areas:
- Customer service department
- Help desk department
- Contact Centre
- Service and Sales
Paul practices what he preaches. For corporate clients, he writes media releases, speeches, reports and proposals, brochure copy, Web content and articles for annual reports and in-house publications.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Any cancellations received more than 2 weeks prior to event will be refunded in full minus $100.00 administration fee). Cancellations made 1-2 weeks prior to event, will receive 50% refund. Less than 1 week prior to program start, no refund. Replacements are welcome. Note: CSPN has the right to cancel or reschedule its venues due to unforeseen circumstances. If a workshop cancellation occurs, CSPN will refund in full any payments that have been made for that event.
- Map & Reviews
Customer Service Professionals Network (CSPN)
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 402 times.