This course shows you how to address the needs of your readers & teaches you how to write letters, emails, and short reports that are clear, concise & persuasive. The skills learned will immediately improve the productivity of writers & their readers.
- Course Outline
This course shows you how to address the needs of your readers and teaches you how to write letters, emails, and short reports that are clear, concise and persuasive. The skills learned will immediately improve the productivity of writers and their readers.
If you want to become more effective and efficient at business writing– writing e-mail messages that answer questions, solve problems, get to the point and generate action, along with writing important business proposals and letters – then this workshop is for you. When you use the writing techniques presented in this two-day intensive workshop, everyone will benefit – you, your company, and your customers!
Who needs this workshop? Companies like yours that want to grow and succeed, and people like you who want to communicate effectively and efficiently.
Highlights of what you will learn: The overarching theme of the day is how to become a more effective and efficient e-mail and letter writer. The tips, tools and techniques discussed may be applied to all writing, but the focus is on business-specific letters.
Participants will learn how to:
• Follow a time-saving, four-step process
• Draft quickly and easily—overcome writers’ block
• Write powerful openings that draw the reader in and set the right tone
• Layout your documents to improve clarity and readability
• Write clear, concise sentences that positively reflect your organization’s culture and values
• Motivate your reader by framing ideas as benefits
• Identify and correct any grammar mistakes that erode your credibility
• Use templates to structure letters and short, persuasive memos and email messages.
Modules Creating the Flow
• Organize your ideas to create reader focused content
• Reduce time consuming rewrites
• Streamline content and address to your readers needs
• Focus on clarity
Guidelines for Effective Writing
• Key principles to ensure effective business writing
• Establish planning and purpose up front
• Ensuring your readers expectations are met
• Applying techniques for eliminating writer's block
Putting Pen to Paper
• Techniques to ensure clarity and focus
• Choosing the correct tone and words
• Constructing sentences – Clearly and to the point
• Connecting words and phrases
• When to use active and passive voice
Memos and Letters
• Guidelines for Writing Effective Memos and Letters
• Opening Sentences with Impact
• Incorporating Persuasive and Positive Words
• Tone usage
• The Guidelines for Writing Effective E-Mail
• The Importance of Subject Lines
Editing and Proofreading
• Recognizing Common Proofreading Errors
• Editing and Proofreading painlessly
• Avoid Offensive Language
• Watching out for confusing words
Who Should Attend? This course is for anyone who writes letters, memos, emails or short reports. It is ideal for groups with diverse needs.
Bring this course in house. Call us for details.
Bio – Paul Lima
Paul Lima has worked as a professional writer, communicator and writing instructor for over 25 years. As a qualified adult educator, Paul has developed and taught report writing, business writing, e-mail writing, copywriting and public relations seminars and courses for corporate and non-profit clients and for students enrolled in programs offered by the University of Toronto, George Brown College and various writers' associations.
Paul practices what he preaches. For corporate clients, he writes media releases, speeches, reports and proposals, brochure copies, Web content and articles for annual reports and in-house publications.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Any cancellations received more than 2 weeks prior to event will be refunded in full minus $100.00 administration fee). Cancellations made 1-2 weeks prior to event, will receive 50% refund. Less than 1 week prior to program start, no refund. Replacements are welcome. Note: CSPN has the right to cancel or reschedule its venues due to unforeseen circumstances. If a workshop cancellation occurs, CSPN will refund in full any payments that have been made for that event.
- Map & Reviews
Customer Service Professionals Network (CSPN)
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 399 times.