At the conclusion of this program, you'll understand the factors that contribute to workplace conflict. You'll know how to evaluate situations to determine how serious they are or might become, & the procedure for conflict resolution & sources....
- Course Outline
Have you ever been in a conflict that you wished you could have handled better? We have all experienced the stress that comes from having unresolved conflicts with our co-workers.
Conflicts that are ignored or resolved badly don't go away – they cause people to feel resentful and to avoid each other. The effects on an organization are a loss of productivity, absenteeism and high turnover.
Conflict comes about from differences – in needs, values and motivations. Sometimes it is through these differences that we complement each other, but sometimes these differences result in conflict. Conflict is not a problem in itself – it is what we do with it that counts.
It is important that we do something because whether we like it or not, conflicts demand our energy. In fact, an unresolved conflict can call on tremendous amounts of our attention. We all know how exhausting an unresolved conflict can be. It is not always easy to fix the problem but a great energy boost can come when we do. This program teaches you the techniques for proper conflict resolution that will leave you feeling satisfied and content.
This program is designed to teach you how to:
• Reduce the time you spend refereeing disagreements and conflicts between team members, freeing up time for productive work
• Confront and resolve problems and conflicts in a way where everyone feels heard
• Create more openness by ensuring everyone feels more comfortable bringing up their issues and working out their differences
• Increase your flexibility to help you better manage change
Highlights You Will Learn
• How to recognize the root causes of all forms of conflict
• Defining characteristics of conflicts in general
• Different styles for dealing with conflict, and which works best with you
• The importance of interpersonal behaviours when dealing with conflict
• Various tactics for dealing with conflict and when each is most appropriate
• How different types of behaviours can impact on conflict situations
• The Four stages in facilitating confrontation and reconciliation
• The psychology of effective communication
Module 1.0 - Causes of Conflict
• Where does conflict come from?
• Dealing with conflict
• Discussing workplace conflicts
• Identifying the source of conflicts
• Identifying types of workplace conflicts
• Distinguishing between conflict resolution and conflict management
Module 2.0 - Overcoming the Most Common Reasons of Conflict
• Creating the proper workplace climate
• Establish appropriate rules of discipline
• Dealing with personal problems brought to work
• Overcome resistance to change
• Dealing with age and cultural differences
• Handling “Know-it-Alls” and other problem behaviours
Module 3.0 - Communication
• Recognizing the importance of clear communication
• Communication styles & understanding different personalities
• Identifying barriers to effective communication
• Interpreting nonverbal communication
• Improving your communication skills
• Communicating with difficult employees
Module 4.0 - Your Role in Managing Conflict
• Creating a performance turn-around plan
• Mediating conflict between employees
• Dealing with employees who won't change
• Safe guidelines for documenting problems
• 5 steps of disciplinary action
• Developing a coping strategy to live with problems
Module 5.0 - Resolving Conflicts
• Styles of conflict resolution
• The process of conflict resolution
• Assessing a conflict
• Determining the source of a conflict
• Determining SWOT
• Selecting a course of action
• Resolving team conflicts
• Identifying steps to resolve a team conflict
• Encouraging effective teamwork
• Maintaining dialogue between parties
• Viewing conflicts objectively
Module 6.0 - Prevent Conflict Proactively
• Establish confidence and trust with our employees
• Spot potential conflict warning signals early
• Recognize the early signs of attitude or burn out problems
• Create employee attitude tune-up plans
• Involving a third party
• Identifying your options
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Any cancellations received more than 2 weeks prior to event will be refunded in full minus $100.00 administration fee). Cancellations made 1-2 weeks prior to event, will receive 50% refund. Less than 1 week prior to program start, no refund. Replacements are welcome. Note: CSPN has the right to cancel or reschedule its venues due to unforeseen circumstances. If a workshop cancellation occurs, CSPN will refund in full any payments that have been made for that event.
- Map & Reviews
Customer Service Professionals Network (CSPN)
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 782 times.