Taking Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Administration course provides you with knowledge and skills you need to install, configure, and perform basic administrative tasks with the product.
- Course Outline
Novell ZENworks Configuration Management features a unique policy-based approach to automate software setup, updates, healing and desktop migration in your enterprise. Through policy-based automation, you can reduce IT efforts, relax IT skill requirements and optimize the value of your IT assets. The key to using Novell ZENworks Configuration Management is understanding what policy-based administration is and how to make it work to your advantage. Taking Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Administration course provides you with knowledge and skills you need to install, configure, and perform basic administrative tasks with the product.
Who should attend
This course targets:
- Novell software system administrators, integrators, and engineers
- Networking consultants
- Reseller/partner technical support staff
- New Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management customers
- Established Novell software administrators with no ZENworks 10 experience can take this course if they are already familiar with using eDirectory (and related tools such as iManager) and have some experience administering products such as ZENworks Desktop Management.
- New Novell customers tasked with evaluating or administering Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management can also attend but should have a basic familiarity with Novell eDirectory, Microsoft Active Directory, and Windows Server 2003.
During this course, you will accomplish the following tasks:
- Perform a standard installation
- Perform an unattended installation
- Register workstations
- Manage simple software distribution & bundling
- Configure policy management
- Image computers with Novell ZENworks Configuration Management
- Configure data and inventory collection
This course covers a wide variety of topics, many of which are listed below
- Installing Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Registering Workstations
- Managing Discovery Deployment
- Configuring Remote Management
- Configuring Software Packaging
- Understanding Software Bundling
- Managing Software Distribution
- Configuring Management Policies
- Imaging Computers with Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Managing Data and Inventory Collection
- Using Reporting in Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have a basic understanding of the network and networking (as introduced in the CompTIA Network+ certification). In addition, you should be familiar with the fundamentals of administering Novell eDirectory.
Participants will receive a Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 267 times.