The course covers what project managers need to know to influence the contracting process to establish more effective, long-term, win-win relationships with capable, compatible “partners.”
- Course Outline
Learn How To:
- Identify and quantify the factors that help define the most appropriate vendor relationship
- Conduct a make-buy analysis
- Perform market research to identify an appropriate vendor
- Determine the appropriate contract type to facilitate success
- Determine when and how to establish collaborative relationships for win-win results
- Monitor and control vendor performance to achieve project objectives
In this course, participants will be introduced to a unique model to help determine the most appropriate vendor relationship to address your various project needs. The course covers what project managers need to know to influence the contracting process to establish more effective, long-term, win-win relationships with capable, compatible Â“partners.Â” It explores activities that are essential to effective vendor selection: articulating the right requirement, building the right relationship, finding the right partner, structuring the right contract and maintaining the right attitude between the parties.
The course will examine the pros and cons of three alternative contractual relationships: armÂ’s-length, collaborative and alliance. Emphasis is placed on the first three phases of the ESI/Nexient Collaborative Sourcing Model: Strategy and Planning, Search and Select, and Negotiations and Contracts. A case study and appropriate exercises are used throughout the course to apply the lessons learned to real-world scenarios.
Course Topics: The Right Relationship: Types of Business Relationship
- Risk consideration
- ArmÂ’s-length contractual relationships
- Collaborative contractual relationships
- Formal business alliances
- Fairness in the source selection process
- Antitrust issues
- Treatment of contractors as employees
- International issues
- Export control
- Taxes and duties
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- The process
- Pre-solicitation process
- Solicitation process
- Award process
- Contents of source selection plan
- Prerequisites for successful partnering
- Characteristics of a good partner
- Where to look for potential partners
- Characteristics of effective relationships
- Risk consideration
- Fixed price
- Cost-plus-fixed fee
- Time and materials
- Cost-only incentives
- Multiple incentives
- Types of master agreements
- Common elements of master Âagreements
- Specific requirements of master agreements
- Timing considerations
- Win-win vs. win-lose behavior
- Collaborative vs. competitive Ânegotiation styles
- Terms and conditions to facilitate long-term win-win outcomes
PMBOKÂ® Guide Knowledge Areas:
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communications Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students are recommended to take PM05: Management Principles and Practices or have equivalent knowledge and experience involving contract management prior to taking this course.
Professional Development Units (PDUs): 22.5
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 272 times.