Ideal for those who have gained basic skills with Linux as taught in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Fundamentals & now want to gain in depth knowledge on tasks a Linux system administrator has to perform routinely on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.
- Course Outline
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who have gained basic skills with Linux as taught in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Fundamentals (Course 3071) and now want to gain in depth knowledge on tasks a Linux system administrator has to perform routinely on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.
Based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, you will gain familiarity with the core elements of Linux system administration, including how to install and configure SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, as well as how to configure networking, backup, printing, remote access, and how to perform various other common tasks that are part of day-to-day Linux administration.Course Outline
Section 1: Install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Perform a SLES 10 Installation
- Configure the SLES 10 Installation
- Troubleshoot the Installation Process
Section 2: Administer the Linux File System
- Select a Linux File System
- Configure Linux File System Partitions
- Manage Linux File Systems
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and Software RAID
- Set Up and Configure Disk Quotas
Section 3: Administer User Access and Security
- Configure User Authentication with PAM
- Manage and Secure the Linux User Environment
- Use Access Control Lists (ACLs) for Advanced Access Control
Section 4: Configure the Network Manually
- Understand Linux Network Terms
- Set Up Network Interfaces With the ip Tool
- Set Up Routing With the ip Tool
- Test the Network Connection With Command Line Tools
- Configure Host Name and Name Resolution
- Use the NetworkManager to Configure the Network
Section 5: Administer Linux Processes and Services
- View and Manage Processes
- Schedule Jobs
Section 6: Monitor SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Monitor a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 System
- Use System Logging Services
- Monitor Login Activity
Section 7: Configure System Initialization
- Describe the Linux Load Procedure
- GRUB (Grand Unified Bootloader)
- Manage Runlevels
Section 8: Manage Software for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Manage RPM Software Packages
- Verify and Update Software Library Access
Section 9: Manage Backup and Recovery
- Develop a Backup Strategy
- Backup Files with YaST
- Create Backups with tar
- Work with Magnetic Tapes
- Copy Data with dd
- Mirror Directories with rsync
- Automate Data Backups with cron
Section 10: Manage Printing
- Configure Local Printing
- Manage Print Jobs and Queues
- Understand how CUPS Works
- Configure and Manage a Print Server
- Use the Web Interface to Manage a CUPS Server
Section 11: Configure Remote Access
- Provide Secure Remote Access With OpenSSH
- Enable Remote Administration With YaST
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Participants will receive a Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 297 times.