Identify core competencies for the organization; Model the AS-IS & TO-BE business architecture; Perform customer value analysis; Plan for process management; Establish the TO-BE enterprise architecture; Manage the project portfolio & much more.
- Course Outline
Senior Business Analysts who need to ensure that solutions to business problems reflect the organization’s business strategy.
Learn How to:
- Identify core competencies for the organization
- Model the AS-IS and TO-BE business architecture
- Perform customer value analysis
- Plan for process management
- Establish the TO-BE enterprise architecture
- Recognize the importance of service-oriented architecture
- Manage the project portfolio
- Perform impact analyses, risk analyses and feasibility studies
- Prepare the decision package
Strategic Enterprise Analysis is an advanced course designed to provide participants with the knowledge they need to begin working as part of a strategic enterprise analysis team. In particular, the course covers the major activities of strategic enterprise analysis that must be conducted to study the enterprise architecture. These activities include analyzing core competencies, performing customer value analysis, performing process management, examining the IT architecture, and evaluating the project portfolio. The course also examines the impact of service-oriented architecture (SOA) on the enterprise architecture. Throughout the course, participants learn how the senior business analyst can help prepare the organization for excellence in each of these activities and ensure that the necessary business requirements are elicited, analyzed, documented, validated and communicated. Process maps for each activity are emphasized to provide participants with a step-by-step approach for conducting strategic enterprise analysis.
After completing this course, participants will understand the steps for modeling the AS-IS and TO-BE business and enterprise architectures" to "modeling the AS-IS and TO-BE enterprise architectures. Participants also learn how the TO-BE architectures contribute..." to "Participants also learn how the TO-BE enterprise architecture contributes to the overall project portfolio. By conducting an impact analysis, risk analysis and feasibility study, participants will feel confident about presenting a business case for future investments that traces back to the business strategy and provides true return on investment for the organization.
Course Topics: Introduction to Strategic Enterprise Analysis
- What is strategic enterprise analysis?
- Identifying components of the enterprise architecture
- Planning for business rules, data management, and change management
- Identifying core competencies
- Creating the enterprise architecture project plan
- Modeling the AS-IS and TO-BE enterprise architectures
- Performing an impact analysis and feasibility study
- Documenting the business case for the “TO-BE” enterprise architecture in the decision package
- What is customer value analysis?
- Performing customer value analysis
- Using customer value analysis to improve the enterprise architecture
- What is process management?
- Creating a process improvement project plan in support of the TO-BE enterprise architecture
- Documenting the business case for new processes
- What is IT architecture?
- Create the IT architecture project plan
- Modeling the AS-IS and TO-BE IT architecture
- Ensuring the IT architecture supports the other components of the enterprise architecture
- Documenting the business case for the “TO-BE” IT architecture
- What is SOA?
- Ensuring SOA supports the enterprise architecture
- Defining requirements for SOA
- What is portfolio management?
- Selecting projects to implement the TO-BE enterprise architecture
- Ensuring projects support the business strategy
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prior to taking this course, you should have acquired the background as taught in How to Gather and Document User Requirements, Use Case Modeling and Process Modeling Management.
Certificate of completion Professional Development Units (PDUs): 21.0
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 299 times.