You have access to company databases & your job may require you to retrieve data from these databases. Retrieval of information from a database is dependent on precisely ordered logic & specific information. This course will help you use SQL as a tool..
- Course Outline
You have access to company databases and your job may require you to retrieve data from these databases. Retrieval of information from a database is dependent on precisely ordered logic and specific information. The course, SQL: Fundamentals of Querying (Third Edition) will help you use Structured Query Language (SQL) as a tool to implement logic and define instructions.
Who should attend Any person with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and wants to use SQL to query databases.
What you'll Learn Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
· include a search condition in a simple query.
· use various functions based on the data types to perform calculations on data.
· organize the data obtained from the query before it is displayed on the screen.
· retrieve data from tables.
· format the output, save the result, and generate a report.
Course Outline Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
· Topic 1A: Connect to the Database
· Topic 1B: Query the Database
· Topic 1C: Save a Query
· Topic 1D: Modify a Query
· Topic 1E: Execute a Saved Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
· Topic 2A: Search Using a Simple Condition
· Topic 2B: Compare Column Values
· Topic 2C: Search Using Multiple Conditions
· Topic 2D: Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
· Topic 2E: Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
· Topic 3A: Perform Date Calculations
· Topic 3B: Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
· Topic 3C: Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
· Topic 4A: Sort Data
· Topic 4B: Rank Data
· Topic 4C: Group Data
· Topic 4D: Filter Grouped Data
· Topic 4E: Summarize Grouped Data
· Topic 4F: Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Tables
· Topic 5A: Combine Results of Two Queries
· Topic 5B: Compare the Results of Two Queries
· Topic 5C: Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
· Topic 5D: Check for Unmatched Records
· Topic 5E: Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Lesson 6: Presenting Query Results
· Topic 6A: Save the Query Result
· Topic 6B: Generate an XML Report
Appendix A: The OGCBooks Database
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The following Element K courses or equivalent knowledge are highly recommended: � Windows XP Professional: Level 1 � Windows XP Professional: Level 2 � Microsoft Windows Vista: Level 1 � Microsoft Windows Vista: Level 2 � Relational Databases Design (Second Edition) � Access 2003: Designing a Database
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 535 times.