Learn the skills you need to effectively establish and manage a realistic schedule and detailed budget.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 27
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Get your schedule and budget done right and quantify progress through earned value analysis.
Learn the skills you need to effectively establish and manage a realistic schedule and detailed budget. Through hands-on exercises, you'll learn to develop a work breakdown schedule, grasp diagramming techniques, identify task relationships, determine the critical path, employ estimating techniques, and analyze resource utilization.
Once the project schedule is complete, you'll create a budget that includes all direct and indirect costs associated with the project. Learn the importance of baselining project schedules and budgets to make reporting and tracking progress easier. Understand how to use earned value analysis and other reporting techniques to ensure that your project progress is clearly identified and communicated to stakeholders. Create schedule and cost management plans, and control changes through an integrated change management process. You'll learn to use a variety of tools that will ensure that your project is delivered on time and within budget.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
This course was previously titled Managing Project Schedules and Budgets.
What You'll Learn
- Develop a work breakdown structure
- Create a network diagram
- Identify the critical path
- Estimating techniques
- Finalize your project schedule
- Types of cost and expenditures
- Develop a budget
- Report progress through earned value analysis
- Associate Project Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
1. Introduction to Schedule and Cost Management
- Project Management
- Program Management
- Essential Schedule and Cost Terminology
- Project Constraints
- Project Charter
- Scope Planning
- Scope Definition
- Scope Decomposition
- Schedule Development
- Building the Project Network Diagram
- Critical Chain
- Application of Critical Chain
- Critical Chain vs. Critical Path
- Developing a Gantt Chart
- Schedule Considerations
- Schedule Compression
- Contingency Reserves and the Project Schedule
- Resource Planning Considerations
- Estimating Activity Resources
- Planning and Loading Resources
- Identifying Roles and Responsibilities
- Loading Resources
- Leveling Resources
- Cost Management Plan
- Categorizing Costs
- Cost Estimating for Projects
- Common Eliminating Techniques
- Additional Estimating Techniques
- Cost Accounting and Budgeting
- Corporate Accounting: The General Ledger
- Project Cost Estimating
- Summarizing the Differences
- Project Budgets
- Budgeting Responsibilities
- Steps to a General Budget
- Creating a Baseline Plan
- Establishing Baselines
- Types of Baselines
- The Project Baseline
- Establishing Project Milestones
- Milestone Chart
- Developing a Project Control Process
- Guidelines for Project Control
- Performance Measures
- Tools for Project Control
- The Earned Value Method of Project Management
- Looking at Current Project Status with Earned Value
- Looking Forward with Earned Value
- Earned Value Management in Practice
- Strategies and Processes for Project Control
- Status Review Meetings
- Managing Project Change
- Change Control
- Change Control Process
- Additional Tools for Managing Control of the Project
- Other Project Change Considerations
- Why Projects Are Late and Over Budget
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - IT Project Management (PM11) - Applied Project Management (PM08)
- 28 PMI PDUs - 2.8 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 43 times.