This two-day course provides you with a foundation for system architects/administrators to effectively manage both users and content on the BusinessObjects Enterprise platform
- Course Outline
This two-day course provides you with a foundation for system architects/administrators to effectively manage both users and content on the BusinessObjects Enterprise platform. BusinessObjects Edge Series XI 3.0/3.1. You will learn how to perform the tasks in the Central Management Console (CMC) that involve supporting BusinessObjects Enterprise users and groups so they can access corporate data through the web portal in BusinessObjects Enterprise. This corporate data can take the form of Crystal Reports, BusinessObjects Web Intelligence, or Desktop Intelligence documents, Voyager workspaces, program objects, object packages, and popular third-party objects, such as Microsoft Word, and Excel files, among others.
Note: This course also applies to you if you are a system administrator for BusinessObjects Edge Series. Any product differences between BusinessObjects Edge and BusinessObjects Enterprise are outlined within the course so you understand which areas do not apply to your deployment. A document with more information about these differences and how this course applies to you is included on the resource CD.
This course does not discuss maintaining BusinessObjects Enterprise servers, which is taught in the 8522 - BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0/3.1: Administering Servers - Windows (BOE220) course.
What You'll Learn
- Manage BusinessObjects Enterprise Content
- Secure BusinessObjects Enterprise Content
- Application Security
- Schedule Content
- Publishing and Publications
Support BusinessObjects Enterprise users and groups who access corporate data through the web portal in BusinessObjects Enterprise
This course does not discuss maintaining BusinessObjects Enterprise servers, which is taught in the BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0/3.1.
1. What is BusinessObjects Enterprise?
- Describing BusinessObjects Enterprise
- Viewing content using InfoView and the Central Management Console
- Configuring the Central Management Console
- BusinessObjects Enterprise Architecture
- Adding objects to the Repository
- Manipulating objects in BusinessObjects Enterprise
- Creating users, groups, folders and categories
- Understanding the BusinessObjects Enterprise security model
- Describing guidelines for planning security
- Securing BusinessObjects Enterprise applications
- Scheduling objects
- Scheduling with business calendars
- Managing instances
- Publishing personalized reports and documents to multiple recipients
- Publishing personalized reports to dynamic recipients
- Managing profiles
- Prerequisites & Certificates
* Working knowledge of: - Windows conventions - Familiarity with Windows Server 2000/2003 administration - Windows Server 2000/2003 security concepts (global/local groups, and directory structure)
This course is a core course in the BusinessObjects Enterprise Certified Professional certification.
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 802 times.