Learn to use proven approaches & techniques specific to risk management. Plan & analyze projects so as to minimize risk in a formal environment. You will identify, analyze & address uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle & incorporate lessons...
- Course Start Date: Aug. 14
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Risk Management Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Avoid project catastrophe by developing expertise in risk management.
This course is designed for project managers who want to proactively reduce the probability of project failure. In this course, you will learn to use proven approaches and techniques specific to risk management. You will learn to plan and analyze projects so as to minimize risk in a formal environment. You will identify, analyze, and address uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle and incorporate lessons learned and industry best practices related to risk management. You will apply PMI risk management processes in a practical way to eliminate, mitigate, and minimize threats while maximizing and optimizing opportunities.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
This course was previously titled Mission Critical Risk Management.What You'll Learn
- Assess overall project riskiness
- Manage uncertainty in terms of both opportunities and threats
- Role of a risk management plan
- Risk within an execution strategy
- Conduct qualitative risk assessments in order to rank risks
- Conduct quantitative risk assessments in order to adequately budget for uncertainty
- Develop risk response plans for significant risks
- Monitor and control uncertainty during execution
- Ensure success by understanding the role of a risk management plan and lessons learned
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, and program managers.Follow-On Courses
- Quality for Project Managers (PM06)
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication (PM02)
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Business Analysis
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Associate's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Project Management
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in IT Project Management
1. Risk Management Foundations
- Definition of a plan
- Definition of risk and risk management
- Risk management and project success
- Project management life cycle
- Project success factors
- Stakeholder analysis
- Balancing constraints within a plan
- Assessing project riskiness
- Importance of formal planning
- Risk management plan
- Risk identification techniques
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Risk response planning
- Protecting the plan
- Change controls
- Responding to risks
- Capturing and employing lessons learned
- Current methods of managing uncertainty based on lessons learned
- Determine sources of project risk by category
- Assess overall project risk
- Identify and categorize risk
- Perform qualitative risk analysis
- Perform quantitative risk analysis
- Plan risk responses
- Involve stakeholders
- Prerequisites & Certificates
* Do not take this course if you have taken IT Risk Management. - Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - IT Project Management (PM11) - Applied Project Management (PM08)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 71 times.