- Microsoft Exchange Server Training
- Recovering Messaging Servers and Databases using Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 (M5050A)
In this one-day course, through instructor-led modules and hands-on labs, you will learn how to recover Exchange mailboxes and servers in a variety of disaster scenarios.
- Course Outline
In this one-day course, through instructor-led modules and hands-on labs, you will learn how to recover Exchange mailboxes and servers in a variety of disaster scenarios. You will learn how to perform full and dial-tone recoveries of a mailbox server, as well as repair a mailbox database. You will also learn how to perform a full recovery of Client Access servers, Hub Transport servers, Unified Messaging servers, and Edge Transport servers.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLP): 5050 - Recovering Messaging Servers and Databases using Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
What You'll Learn
- Recover messaging databases
- Prepare for and recover from Mailbox server failures
- Prepare for and recover from non-Mailbox server failures
Enterprise-level messaging administrators who have at least 3 years experience working in the IT field, including administering Exchange Servers; some experience with Exchange Server 2007
IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
1. Recovering Messaging Databases
- Overview of Database Recovery Scenarios
- Recovering a Messaging Database Using Dial-Tone Recovery
- Preparing for a Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Mailbox Servers
- Preparing for a Non-Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Non-Mailbox Servers
Lab 1. Recovering Messaging Databases in Exchange Server 2007
- Performing a Database Backup
- Performing a Dial-Tone Recovery
- Repairing a Damaged Database
- Performing a Mailbox Server Backup
- Recovering a Mailbox Server
- Recovering Mailbox Server Data
- Performing a Non-Mailbox Server Backup
- Restoring a Client Access Server
- Restoring a Hub Transport Server
- Restoring an Edge Transport Server
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Working knowledge of malware. For example, approaches to scanning for viruses (client-based, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)-based, Exchange-based), methods that worms use to propagate, basic concepts of spam, phishing schemes, and unwelcome message content - Conceptual understanding of firewalls (e.g., how SMTP messages are allowed through a firewall) - Working knowledge of how Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is managed in the directory - Experience using these tools and applications: * NTBackup and NSLookup command * Windows Explorer * Microsoft Management Console (MMC) * Active Directory Users and Computers * Active Directory Sites and Services * Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin * Outlook - Working knowledge of Windows server operating system. For example, what Transmission Control Protocol (TCP/IP) and Domain Name System (DNS) do and how to use them, basic routing concepts (Wide Area Networks (WAN) vs. Local Area Network (LAN) router vs. switch vs. hub) - Working knowledge of network technologies. For example, what TCP/IP and DNS do and how to use them, basic routing concepts (WAN vs. LAN, router vs. switch vs. hub) - Working knowledge of Active Directory. For example, how user objects are managed, what is stored in Active Directory partitions, basic architectures (domain, forest, sites, etc.), and how domain controllers are managed. Also, site and site connector configuration, schema and configuration partitions, and Global Catalogs - Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies. Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Access Message Protocol (IMAP), SMTP) - Completion of the following equivalent knowledge: Course 5047A: Introduction to Installing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Eligible for SATV Purchase - 1 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 289 times.