This course teaches realistic analysis and control techniques to help you identify the root cause of your problems, analyze the potential solutions, and select the solution that will rescue your project.
- Course Start Date: May. 15
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Regain control when you are behind schedule, over budget, under quality, and beyond the scope.
Learn how to get an out-of-control project back under control through effective project rescue techniques. This course teaches realistic analysis and control techniques to help you identify the root cause of your problems, analyze the potential solutions, and select the solution that will rescue your project. You'll learn to manage the important measures of your project's health, monitor them, and take action to keep the project on track.
As part of the project rescue exercise, you'll learn to master techniques for identifying unrealistic expectations and renegotiating commitments. You'll practice communicating effectively with stakeholders to ensure that they all understand the problems, the actions that need to be taken, and the project's progress as you regain control. Through hands-on exercises, you'll troubleshoot and recover a project during the class. In just three days, you will learn the process, work with the tools and templates, and practice the techniques that will enable you to quickly put your own project back on track. You'll leave the course with a proven recovery strategy that can be implemented on all projects, regardless of size and scope.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
This course was previously titled Troubleshooting and Recovery of Difficult Projects.
What You'll Learn
- Understand early signs of project problems
- Identify and assess project problems
- Resolve problems with budget and schedule
- Correct resource issues
- Gain control over scope creep
- Improve product quality
- Meet your commitments, or renegotiate them
- Actively mitigate project risks
- Manage project issues to closure
- Develop and manage a project recovery plan
- Manage stakeholder anxiety
- Identify Symptoms of Project Problems
- Analyze Project Health
- GQM Analysis
- Fishbone Diagram
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Identify Ways to Correct Problems
- Associate Project Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
1. Project Problems
- The most typical project problems
- Identifying projects in danger
- Identifying projects in trouble
- Identifying metrics
- Basic measures of project health
- Earned Value Analysis
- Understanding the problem
- Overcoming obstacles to problem identification
- Performing root cause analysis
- Identifying recovery options
- Selecting the right recovery method
- Creating the recovery plan
- Schedule recovery
- Budget recovery
- Resource recovery
- Scope recovery
- Quality recovery
- Re-establishing project commitments
- Renegotiating others' commitments to your project
- Supplier recovery
- Team effectiveness recovery
- Implementing the recovery plan
- Effective management and leadership during recovery
- Working with the team to rebuild morale
- Managing stakeholder anxiety
- Monitoring recovery status
- Communicating problems and recovery status
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Risk Management - Managing Project Schedules and Budgets - Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - Applied Project Management (PM08) - IT Project Management (PM11)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 5 times.