Learn what it takes to maximize the number & strategic value of the projects that your organization completes. This course is designed for anyone involved in the development & execution of organizational strategy. Not recommended if you have taken IT Ris
- Course Start Date: Nov. 27
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:1
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to manage project portfolios to meet your organization's strategic objectives.
In this course, you will learn what it takes to maximize the number and strategic value of the projects that your organization completes. This course is designed for anyone involved in the development and execution of organizational strategy. This course is not recommended if you have taken IT Risk Management.What You'll Learn
- Differentiate project portfolio management from other management disciplines
- Relate projects to an organization's strategic objectives
- Explain what is involved in project prioritization in large, complex organizations
- Develop and apply a project prioritization model that incorporates the many and varied aspects of project value
- Prioritize projects on the basis of their strategic value
- Schedule projects on the basis of strategic priorities so as to maximize the benefits derived from an organization's ability to complete projects
- Maximize the volume of projects that can be completed by developing defensive capacity of non-limiting resources
- Maximize the value of projects that are completed by ensuring the right projects are being completed in the right order
- Simplify the portfolio management process by focusing management attention on the bottlenecks to project completion
- Relate portfolio management success to the contribution made by the Project Management Office
- Senior executives responsible for organizational strategy
- Managers responsible for developing organizational strategy or for making strategic recommendations
- Portfolio managers, project managers, and program managers
- Members of portfolio, program, or project offices
- Operational managers who are impacted or impact portfolios
- Project team members, customers, and other stakeholders of the portfolio management process
- Leading Complex Projects (PM86)
- Project Troubleshooting and Recovery (PM83)
1. Portfolio Management Foundations
- Organizational Project Management
- Portfolio Management and Organizational Strategy
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Portfolio Manager
- PMI View of Portfolio Management
- Role of Portfolio Management in Project Success
- Effective Portfolio Management
- Executive Involvement
- Capacity Management
- Value Considerations
- Project Prioritization
7. Project Portfolio Management Complications
8. Role of the Project Management Office
- Efficiency of Multitasking
- Strategic Priorities and Conflicts
- Limiting Resources
- Organizational Constraints
- Strategic Assets
- Conduct a Strategic Evaluation
- Develop a Preliminary Prioritization Model
- Improve a Project Valuation Model
- Perform a Project Analysis
- Prioritize Projects
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) IT Project Management (PM11)
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 48 times.