Learn about the best practices of project management and discover what project management can do for your organization in this one-day overview of our Project Management Essentials course.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 21
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 day
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn the basic concepts and techniques of project management.
In this course, you will be introduced to the project management life cycle and key project management concepts of constraints, stakeholders, scope, risk, and communication.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment. .What You'll Learn
- Roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Project management terminology as you apply basic project management concepts
- Essential management skills and techniques of project management
- Common project challenges
- How you can play a more active role in supporting a project
- Project team members who want to perform basic project management tasks on their projects or teams
- Business analysts who are working toward their Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) certification
- Anyone interested in becoming a project manager or exploring it as a career
- Anyone who works with project managers, such as IT staff, functional managers and team members, sales representatives, and administrative personnel.
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication (PM02)
- Applied Project Management (PM08)
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Associate's Certificate in Business Analysis
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Business Analysis
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Consulting Skills
1. Role of the Project Manager
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Manager Role
- Triple Constraints
- Stakeholder Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Stakeholders Analysis
- Project Charter
- Scope Statement
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining and Documenting Risks
- Prioritizing Risks
- Response Planning
- Scope Creep
- Change Management
- Lessons Learned
- Stakeholder Communication and Engagement
- Key Points
- Final Reflections
- Identifying key stakeholders on your project
- Estimating work effort by creating a work breakdown structure and decomposing deliverables into sub-deliverables and activities
- Estimating time to complete activities
- Creating a team responsibility assignment matrix and determining when and how to communicate to key stakeholders
- Identifying and analyzing risks and developing a response plan
- Reflection prompts to solidify the learning
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- 7 PMI PDUs - 0.7 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 65 times.