In this 3 day course, you'll learn how to: lead project teams through more effective communication, Identify motivational value systems to improve productivity & cooperation, recognize the role of business & personal ethics in leadership & more.
- Course Start Date: Jan. 22
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Relationship management for project management success.
Managing a successful project involves more than schedules, templates, and paperwork. It requires the application of strong interpersonal management skills to work effectively with people in a variety of roles.
The skills you'll learn in this course will enable you to apply effective leadership strategies, improve your interpersonal communication, become more influential, help guide your staff through change, deal with conflict and practice ethical principles during the entire project management process.
With the aid of the hands-on case study exercises, you'll learn to create a motivating team atmosphere and ultimately manage your project successfully.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.What You'll Learn
- Manage stakeholders and teams
- Assess and apply leadership styles
- Improve communication
- Enhance influence and power bases
- Motivate team members
- Lead effective project teams
- Coach team members
- Practice change management
- Manage individual and team conflict
- Practice ethical project management
- Create a Leadership Development Plan
This course features an evolving case study that puts you in charge of a large, international project. You'll manage a team of over 300 members working in four countries as you execute multiple tasks, including:
- Influencing key stakeholders
- Managing a dysfunctional project team
- Creating a motivation plan for a team with morale problems
- Introducing a major change to a project team
- Conducting a negotiation between a project manager and customer around scope creep
- Dealing with an ethical situation
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers and program managers.Follow-On Courses
- Quality for Project Managers (PM06)
- Schedule and Cost Control (PM03)
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Business Analysis
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Associate's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Project Management
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in IT Project Management
1. Introduction to Project Leadership
- What Is Project Management?
- Role of Project Manager as Organizational Leader
- Begin Developing Leadership Development Plan
- The Triple Constraint
- Leadership Skills
- Leadership vs. Management
- Leadership Orientation
- Management Styles
- Three Functions of Management
- Trait Theory
- Fiedler's Contingency Model
- The Leaders Window
- The Communication Loop
- Filters and Barriers
- The Interpersonal Gap
- Active Listening
- Influences on a Project Manager
- Influence Styles
- Power and the Project Manager
- Motivation Theories
- Motivating Under-Performing Team Members
- Rewards and Behavior
- Creating a Motivation Plan
- Vroom's Expectancy Theory
- Team Roles
Stages of Project Team Development
- Team Process and Functional Teams
- Coaching Team Members
- What is Change Management?
- Being an Organizational Change Agent
- Influencers of Change
- Stages of Organizational Change
- Strategies to Manage Change
- What is Conflict?
- Constructive Conflict vs. Destructive Conflict
- Conflict Reactions to Avoid
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
- Staying Calm in Conflict Situations
- What is Negotiation?
- Attitudes About Negotiation
- Negotiation Requirements
- Formal Project Negotiation Planning
- Ethics and Values
- Personal and Business Ethics
- Project Management Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Leadership Self-Assessment
- Leadership Style Analysis
- Active Listening Role Play
- Deter Influence Style Preference
- Complete Power Base Profile
- Morale Problem Case Study
- Conflict Resolution
- Negotiation Role Play
- Conflict Resolution Case Study
- Create Leadership Development Plan
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) IT Project Management (PM11)
Participants will receive a Certificate of completion 21 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 77 times.