The goal of this five-day course is to teach you the knowledge and skills needed to develop Microsoft .NET-based applications by using Visual Basic .NET.
- Course Outline
The goal of this five-day course is to teach you the knowledge and skills needed to develop Microsoft .NET-based applications by using Visual Basic .NET. Visual Basic .NET is a significant upgrade to Visual Basic and incorporates many new features and framework goals of the .NET architecture. These changes will allow you, as a Visual Basic programmer or developer, to create enterprise applications for the .NET Platform and to create more traditional Visual Basic applications that can take advantage of the enhancements to the language.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLP):
- 2373 - Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- List the major elements of the .NET Framework and describe some of the major enhancements to the new version of Visual Basic
- Describe the basic structure of a Visual Basic .NET project and use the main features of the integrated development environment (IDE)
- Use the new language features and syntax in Visual Basic .NET
- Explain the basic concepts and terminology of object-oriented design specifically for Visual Basic .NET
- Explain and use the basic concepts and terminology of object-oriented programming in Visual Basic .NET
- Create applications by using Microsoft Windows Forms
- Create Internet applications that use Web Forms and Web Services
- Create applications that use ADO.NET
- Create components in Visual Basic .NET
- Set up and deploy various types of Visual Basic .NET-based applications
- Prepare existing Visual Basic-based applications for upgrade to Visual Basic .NET
Microsoft Visual Basic programmers and developers who use Visual Basic 4.0 or later as their primary language, who use Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) and Active Server Pages (ASP) to develop applications, and who plan to use Visual Basic .NET for future application development.
1. Overview of the Microsoft .NET Platform
- The Microsoft .NET Platform
- The .NET Framework
- The .NET Framework Components
- The Visual Basic .NET Enhancements
- Describing the Integrated Development Environment
- Creating Visual Basic .NET Projects
- Using Development Environment Features
- Debugging Applications
- Compiling in Visual Basic .NET
- Data Types
- Using Variables
- Functions, Subroutines, and Properties
- Exception Handling
- Designing Classes
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Using Microsoft Visio
- Defining Classes
- Creating and Destroying Objects
- Working with Classes
- Why Use Windows Forms
- Structure of Windows Forms
- Using Windows Forms
- Using Controls
- Windows Forms Inheritance
- Introduction to ASP.NET
- Creating Web Form Applications
- Building Web Services
- Using Web Services
- ADO.NET Overview
- .NET Data Providers
- The DataSet Object
- Data Designers and Data Binding
- XML Integration
- Components Overview
- Creating Serviced Components
- Creating Component Classes
- Creating Windows Forms Controls
- Creating Web Forms User Controls
- Describing Assemblies
- Choosing a Deployment Strategy
- Deploying Applications
- Deciding Whether to Upgrade
- Options for Upgrading
- Performing the Upgrade
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Experience developing applications with Visual Basic 4.0 or later - 1013, Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Development, or equivalent knowledge OR - 1016, Mastering Enterprise Development Using Microsoft Visual Basic 6, or equivalent knowledge - Familiarity with basic concepts of object-oriented programming - Familiarity with Extensible Markup Language (XML) concepts
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 269 times.