- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure (M2279)
Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure (M2279)
This 5-day course includes self-paced and instructor-facilitated components. Get the knowledge and skills to successfully plan, implement, and troubleshoot a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory infrastructure.
- Course Outline
This 5-day course includes self-paced and instructor-facilitated components. Get the knowledge and skills to successfully plan, implement, and troubleshoot a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory infrastructure. Learn your way around the Windows Server 2003 directory service environment, exploring forest and domain structure, Domain Name System (DNS), site topology and replication, organizational unit structure and delegation of administration, Group Policy, and user, group, and computer account strategies.
This course incorporates material from the following Official Microsoft Learning Product (OMLP):
- Course 2279: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
This course will help you prepare for the following Microsoft Certified Professional exam:
- Exam 70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
- Describe the logical and physical components of Active Directory
- Create and configure a forest and domain structure by using an Active Directory infrastructure design
- Plan and implement an organizational unit structure
- Plan and implement Active Directory user, group, and computer accounts
- Plan and implement a Group Policy strategy to centrally manage users and computers in an enterprise
- Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot software that is deployed using Group Policy
- Implement sites to manage and monitor Active Directory replication
- Plan and implement the placement of domain controllers, global catalog servers, and DNS servers that are integrated with Active Directory
- Plan and manage operations masters
- Back up, restore, and maintain Active Directory
- Plan and implement an Active Directory infrastructure that is based on a directory service design that an enterprise architect provides
- Systems engineers and those seeking such a position
- Individuals currently supporting a competitive platform who want to enhance their skills using Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
- Professionals who are new to implementing Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
- Individuals preparing for MCP Exam 70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure, a core requirement for the MCSE certification
1. Introduction to Active Directory Infrastructure
- The Architecture of Active Directory
- How Active Directory Works
- Examining Active Directory using Command-Line Tools, Scripts, Snap-Ins, and Other Methods
- The Active Directory Design, Planning, and Implementation Processes
- Creating a Forest and Domain Structure
- Examining and Configuring Active Directory Integrated DNS
- Raising Forest and Domain Functional Levels
- Creating Trust Relationships
- Securing Trusts Using SID Filtering
- Creating and Managing Organizational Units
- Delegating Administrative Control for Organizational Units
- Planning an Organizational Unit Strategy
This section includes instruction on using command-line tools such as CSVDE and LDIFDE and managing accounts using Windows Script Host.
- Introduction to Accounts
- Creating and Managing Multiple Accounts
- Implementing User Principal Name (UPN) Suffixes
- Moving Objects in Active Directory
- Planning an Account Strategy
- Planning an Active Directory Audit Strategy
Learn to centrally manage users and computers in an enterprise.
- Creating and Configuring Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Configuring Group Policy Refresh Rates and Group Policy Settings
- Managing GPOs
- Verifying and Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
- Planning a Group Policy Strategy for the Enterprise
- Introduction to Managing Software Deployment
- Deploying Software
- Configuring Software Deployment
- Maintaining Deployed Software
- Troubleshooting Software Deployment
- Planning a Software Deployment Strategy
- Introduction to Active Directory Replication
- Creating and Configuring Sites
- Managing Site Topology
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Replication Failures
- Planning a Site
This section includes guidelines for caching universal group membership for a site.
- Implementing the Global Catalog in Active Directory
- Determining the Placement of Domain Controllers in Active Directory
- Planning the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Introduction to Operations Master Roles
- Transferring and Seizing Operations Master Roles
- Planning the Placement of Operations Masters
- Introduction to Maintaining Active Directory
- Moving and Defragmenting an Active Directory Database
- Backing Up Active Directory
- Restoring Active Directory
- Planning for Monitoring Active Directory
In this section, you'll plan and implement an Active Directory service infrastructure based on the business requirements of a fictitious organization, Tailspin Toys.
- Creating an Active Directory Implementation Plan for Tailspin Toys
- Implementing the Active Directory Infrastructure for Tailspin Toys
- Lab - Course Topic 2: Implementing Active Directory
- Lab - Course Topic 3: Implementing an Organizational Unit Structure
- Lab - Course Topic 4: Implementing an Account and Audit Strategy
- Lab - Course Topic 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Lab - Course Topic 6: Deploying and Managing Software Using Group Policy
- Lab - Course Topic 7: Implementing Sites to Manage Active Directory Replication
- Lab - Course Topic 8: Implementing the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Lab - Course Topic 9: Managing Operations Masters
- Lab - Course Topic 10: Maintaining Active Directory
- Lab - Course Topic 11 - 1: Creating the Active Directory Implementation Plan for Tailspin Toys
- Lab - Course Topic 11 - 2: Implementing the Active Directory Infrastructure for Tailspin Toys
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Eligible for SATV Purchase - 5 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 304 times.