This Boot Camp will prepare Microsoft professionals for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator certification for Windows Server 2008.
- Course Outline
This Boot Camp will prepare Microsoft professionals for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator certification for Windows Server 2008. In this intensive test-preparation program, you will practice sample questions and take simulated exams using Transcender, the industry-leading IT certification-preparation product. A fast-paced, rapid review session prior to each exam covers key material, providing comprehensive exam preparation. The Boot Camp includes all the exams needed for certification, along with one free retake voucher for each exam if needed.
You Will Take These Exams:
Current MCSAs on Windows Server 2003 will take:
- 70-648: TS: Upgrading your MCSA on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- 70-646: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator New certification candidates will take:
- 70-642: TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- 70-646: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
Students who take the MCITP: Server Administrator Boot Camp from Global Knowledge will be issued a free retake exam voucher, if needed. Should any student fail the initial exam, he or she will be eligible to receive a second exam voucher.*
What You'll Learn
- Key topics and concepts tested on the MCITP: Server Administrator exams
- Structure of the MCITP: Server Administrator exams and the most effective test-taking strategies
- How to be successful on Microsoft's new performance-based test format
- Use the Transcender test-preparation software to reinforce learning objectives, validate current knowledge, and review the most comprehensive and realistic exam questions
- Pinpoint your weak areas and strengthen them to ensure success on the MCITP: Server Administrator exams
- MCSAs on Windows Server 2003 IT professionals with at least two years of hands-on experience implementing and administering network and desktop operating systems
- Systems Engineers
- Network Engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Network Analysts
- Technical Consultants who want to earn their MCITP: Server Administrator credential in an accelerated format
1. Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory
- Configuring the Active Directory Infrastructure
- Configuring Additional Active Directory Server Roles
- Creating and Maintaining Active Directory Objects
- Maintaining the Active Directory Environment
- Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services
- Configuring IP Addressing and Services
- Configuring Name Resolution
- Configuring Network Access
- Configuring File and Print Services
- Monitoring and Managing a Network Infrastructure
- Planning for Server Deployment
- Planning for Server Management
- Monitoring and Maintaining Servers
- Planning Application and Data Provisioning
- Planning for Business Continuity and High Availability
Send us a copy of the results of your first test, and we'll e-mail you a new exam voucher.
*Note: The second exam voucher will only be issued within one year of the first exam voucher issue date.
Send Score Report to:
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Required: At least two years of hands-on experience administering Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 - Recommended: Managing and Maintaining Server 2008 (Course 6121) - Configuring, Managing, and Maintaining Server 2008 R2 (M6419)
You Will Earn These Certifications: - MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration - MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration - MCITP: Server Administrator
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1694 times.