In this course, you will learn the fundamental skills that are required to design and develop object-oriented applications for the Web and Microsoft Windows by using Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET development environment.
- Course Outline
In this five-day, instructor-led course, you will learn the fundamental skills that are required to design and develop object-oriented applications for the Web and Microsoft Windows by using Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET development environment. This course provides an alternative entry point for less experienced programmers who are not familiar with object-oriented design and programming with Windows or the Web.
This course is for those who want to build solutions by using C#, use the Microsoft .NET Framework and C# in addition to Microsoft Visual Basic and the Managed Extensions for Microsoft Visual C++, and eventually write highly functional Web and Windows-based applications and XML Web services.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLP):
- 2609 - Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET
- Explain the .NET platform
- Configure and use Visual Studio .NET
- Program with C#
- Implement methods
- Implement encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism in C#
- Use C# within the .NET Framework
- Use Microsoft ADO.NET to access and manipulate data in a database
- Create feature-rich Windows-based applications
- Create a Web application by using Web Forms
- Use XML Web services in a C# application
- Experiment with more advanced features of C#
This course is intended for the following classes of developers:
- New developers
- Developers who understand computer programming but may have learned programming by using a non-graphical language in a university
- Corporate application developers
1. Getting Started
- Introduction to .NET and the .NET Framework
- Exploring Visual Studio .NET
- Creating a Windows Application Project
- Understanding the Fundamentals of a C# Program
- Using C# Predefined Types
- Writing Expressions
- Creating Conditional Statements
- Creating Iteration Statements
- Defining a Class
- Declaring Methods
- Using Constructors
- Using Static Class Members
- Designing Objects
- Using Inheritance
- Using Polymorphism
- Using Arrays
- Using Collections
- Using Interfaces
- Using Exception Handling
- Using Delegates and Events
- Examining the .NET Framework Class Library
- Overriding Methods from System.Object
- Formatting Strings and Numbers
- Using Streams and Files
- ADO.NET Architecture
- Creating an Application That Uses ADO.NET to Access Data
- Changing Database Records
- Creating the Main Menu
- Creating and Using Common Dialog Boxes
- Creating and Using Custom Dialog Boxes
- Creating and Using Toolbars
- Creating the Status Bar
- Creating and Using Combo Boxes
- Consuming an XML Web Service
- Building an XML Web Service
- Creating a Web Forms Application
- Accessing Data by Using a Web Forms Application
- Configuring ASP.NET Application Settings
- Working with Application Settings
- Deploying Applications
- Exploring Additional Features of C#
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Competency in the following areas: - Familiarity and comfort with basic operating system functions such as file manipulation - Understanding of the basics of structured programming, including concepts such as flow control, variables and parameters, and function calls - At least 3 months experience developing applications in either a graphical or non-graphical environment, or equivalent knowledge - Experience with object-oriented programming and concepts not required
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 314 times.