- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Financial Management for Project Management Professionals (PM23)
This course offers a comprehensive approach to understanding the importance of financial management in managing projects & programs.
- Course Outline
This course offers a comprehensive approach to understanding the importance of financial management in managing projects and programs. Corporations invest a large amount of money in capacity creation based o certain financial assumptions that protect the assets of organizations. Project managers thus have the obligation and responsibility to ensure proper use of capital assigned to them and to meet all project objectives.
Time is money and project managers must appreciate the importance of financial management in financial accounting, managerial accounting, and corporate finance to make effective project decisions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Communicate to all stakeholders your contribution towards project financial management
- Gain focus on overall project management to maintain project profitability and performance
- Make informed decision with respect to pricing, contract and project risk management
- Maintain overall control of projects through proper cost estimation and management
- Anyone responsible for managing a budget, including project managers responsible for project budgets or interacting with finance department staff
- Those who wish to expand their knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Asset and Contract Management
- Project Cost Estimation and Forecasting
- Project Pricing, Performance and Profitability
- Prerequisites & Certificates
21 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 10970 times.