In this course, you will cover both oral and written communication skills, focusing on those aspects of the consulting engagement that can make communicating recommendations particularly challenging.
- Course Start Date: Feb. 8
- Location: Kitchener
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Consultant Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
A successful consulting engagement requires open and effective communications between the consultant and client. In this course, you will cover both oral and written communication skills, focusing on those aspects of the consulting engagement that can make communicating recommendations particularly challenging. You will also cover facilitation skills in multiple contexts, including application to conducting effective meetings.
To make the most of your classroom experience, you must complete exercises before and after the classroom sessions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Communicating with People
- Key Communications Concepts
- Plan Your Message
- Structure Your Message
- Write Reports and Proposals
- Make Presentations
- Conduct Effective Meetings
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT Professionals
- Others in technical roles who are seeking to become practitioner technical consultants or who wish to become more consultative in their work with their internal or external clients
Pre-Work: Preparation Phase
- Pre-course self-assessment
- Pre-course reading and discussion with manager/mentor
- Personal Needs Assessment (PNA)
- Introduction to key models
- Selection of sample communications scenarios
- Reports and proposals as management tools
- Communicating through presentations
- Getting the most out of meetings
- Common communications problems
- The Process of Understanding model
- Success factors
- Relevance to consulting
- Setting communications objectives
- Analyzing your audience
- Planning your content
- The IOCBAA model
- The body of your communication
- Summing up
- Using the communications planning guide
- Executive summaries
- Reports, proposals, and memos
- Formal reports
- Tips for overcoming obstacles
- Formal and informal presentations
- Communicating effectively verbally
- Dealing with nervousness
- Attitude, mannerisms, voice, body language
- Using visual aids
- Encouraging participation
- Preparing for a meeting
- Conducting meetings: ground rules, roles, best practices
- Action assignments and following up
- Listening skills
- Using questions for maximum impact
- Handling informational and hostile questions
- Facilitation challenges
- Online challenge quiz
- Review of key models and tools
- Review with manager/mentor:
- Key learnings
- Key models and tools
- Implementing your communication scenarios
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Consulting Fundamentals or practical experience as a consultant and solid knowledge of the topics covered in that course, including the role of the consultant, key consulting processes, and the consulting life cycle - Consulting Fundamentals (CO10)
15 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
110 King St East
Canada N2G 0A5
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 52 times.