In this course, you will learn the concepts, tools, and skills to work more effectively with your clients to achieve results and to create a sustainable, mutually satisfying, and profitable relationship.
- Course Start Date: Aug. 17
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Consultant Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
For many technical consultants, this class will be your first experience working directly with clients - the first time you have "owned" the client relationship and been responsible for its quality and depth. In this course, you will learn the concepts, tools, and skills to work more effectively with your clients to achieve results and to create a sustainable, mutually satisfying, and profitable relationship.
To make the most of your classroom experience, you must complete exercises before and after the classroom sessions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Building on Success
- Competitive Analysis
- Building Strategic Partnerships and the BSP Model
- Client Engagement Models
- Project managers
- Business Analysts
- IT Professionals
- Others in technical roles who are seeking to become practitioner technical consultants or who wish to become more consultative in their work with their internal or external clients
Pre-Work: Preparation Phase
- Pre-Course Self-assessment
- Pre-Course Reading and Discussion with Manager/Mentor
- Personal Needs Assessment (PNA)
- Introduction to Key Models
- Identification of Key Client Relationship
- Roles and Responsibilities - Control and Influence
- Client Assessments
- The Consulting Portfolio
- Personal Needs Inventory
- Your Organization
- Your Products and Services
- Key Competitors
- Competitor Strategies
- Client Analysis
- The Essentials of Customer Service and the Service Impact Model
- The BSP Model
- Level 1: Relationship Skills - Product Vendor
- The EDGE model of customer interactions
- Level 2: Relationship Skills - Service Provider
- Action Plan
- Customer Focus
- Understanding Customer Problems
- Level 3: Relationship Skills - Strategic Partner
- Developing Value-Added Information and Service
- Client Focus
- Strategic Interaction Process
- Opportunity Management
- Extending the Consulting Engagement: Going Broader and Deeper in the Client Account
- Who Does What in Your Organization
- The Role of the Sales Person
- Multiple Points of Contact in the Client Organization
- Dealing with Executives and Senior Decision Makers
- Post-Class: Performance Phase
- Online Challenge Quiz
- Review of Key Models and Tools
- Review with Manager/Mentor
- Key Learning
- Key Models and Tools
- Initial Application to Specific Job Responsibilities
- Key Client Analysis
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Experience dealing with customers or completion of Analysis and Problem Solving for Consultants, in which the client relationship is introduced - Consulting Fundamentals or practical experience as a consultant and solid knowledge of the topics covered in that course, including the role of the consultant, key consulting processes, and the consulting life cycle - Consulting Fundamentals (CO10) - Analysis and Problem Solving for Consultants (CO20)
15 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 32 times.