Discover, design & explain the business value of Wide Area Network (WAN) optimization & application acceleration technologies in this course based on the latest WAAS 4.1.5d code.
- Course Outline
Cisco Course v2.0 | CWAAS v4.1 | Prepares you for Cisco Exams 642-655 WAASFE or 642-654 WAASSE.
Discover, design, and explain the business value of Wide Area Network (WAN) optimization and application acceleration technologies in this course based on the latest WAAS 4.1.5d code. Design and deploy a solution using Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) that improves application performance over the WAN while enabling infrastructure consolidation. Learn to design a basic WAAS deployment and configure and troubleshoot WAN Acceleration Engine (WAE) devices, including WAN optimization and application acceleration components. Gain an understanding of Cisco WAAS optimization technology, design considerations, network integration, and system troubleshooting aspects as well as WAAS Mobile technology. In the remote labs, you'll install and configure WAE devices, configure and test application optimizers, and configure acceleration for CIFS and NFS. Learn about WAVE virtual blades deployments as well as WCCP interception methods. Explore the reporting features of WAAS to be able to quantify and demonstrate the savings brought by the system and verify that optimization is working properly with drill-down reporting.
This course contains key information to prepare you for the following Cisco Career Certification Exams:
- 646-653 WAASAM (Wide Area Application Services for Account Managers)
- 642-654 WAASSE (Wide Area Application Services for System Engineers)
- 642-655 WAASFE (Wide Area Application Services for Field Engineers)
- The business value of WAN optimization and application acceleration technologies as well as the technologies employed by Cisco WAAS, enabling consolidation while improving application performance over the WAN
- WAN as a barrier to your consolidation needs
- Latency, BDP, and why bandwidth is not the solution to every problem
- Basic configuration steps required for Cisco WAAS deployment and provide high level overview of Cisco WAAS deployment solutions (Quick Start)
- Cisco WAAS implementation, integration, and management
- DRE caching
- Implement each of the Cisco WAAS application optimizers (AOs), such as CIFS, NFS, MAPI, SSL and video, for maximum performance
- Design and troubleshoot Cisco WAAS installations, including considerations and issues associated with platform and network connectivity, network interception, and WAN optimization
- Deploy the Cisco WAAS Mobile Client Solution
Pre-sales and post-sales engineers, as well as server, storage, and network IT managers.
1. Cisco WAAS
- WAN Optimization
- Traffic Interception
- Installing and Configuring Cisco WAAS Using Quick Start
- Network Design, Interception, and Interoperability
- Configuring Cisco WAE Interfaces
- Implementing Cisco WAAS Central Management
- Configuring Application Traffic Policies
- Configuring Virtualization
- Configuring CIFS Optimization
- Configuring Cisco WAAS Windows Network Printing
- Configuring NFS Optimization
- Configuring HTTP Optimization
- Configuring Streaming Video Optimization
- Configuring MAPI Optimization
- Configuring SSL Optimization
- Planning a Cisco WAAS Network Design
- Troubleshooting Introduction
- Troubleshooting Network Interception
- Troubleshooting WAN Optimization
- Installing Cisco WAAS Mobile
- Configuring Cisco WAAS Mobile Options
- Troubleshooting Cisco WAAS Mobile
All labs are on WAAS v4.1.5d.
Lab 1-1: Enhanced - Introduction to the Lab Topology and WAN-Bridge
WAN behaviors are key to this course. In our exclusive lab topology, you are in control of simulating any WAN situations as you can control the bandwidth, delay and packet loss.
Lab 2-1: Cisco WAAS Quick Start (Inline)
In this lab, you will learn how to quickly set up a WAN infrastructure starting from scratch using inline traffic interception mode.
Lab 2-2: Exclusive - DRE Caching Mechanics
This lab demonstrates DRE caching for hot content. You will learn a detailed approach to DRE cache utilization to understand the chunking mechanism employed by Cisco WAAS with the examples performed in this lab.
Lab 3-1: Configure NME-WAE and WCCP
Learn hands-on how to configure a NME WAE module for a Cisco Integrated Services (ISR) router utilizing WCCP traffic interception method.
Lab 3-2: Configure Custom Application Traffic Policies
Configure non-standard applications to be optimized by the WAEs. Learn how to build policies from scratch and report savings.
Lab 3-3: Configure the Branch Office Cisco WAVE 274 for Virtualization
WAAS 2.0 introduces virtualization on Cisco WAN Acceleration and Virtualization Engine (WAVE). Learn how to setup Windows 2008 server in virtual blade mode on a WAVE 274.
Lab 4-1: Configure NFS Acceleration
See how to set up and fine tune NFS acceleration using Cisco's own AO for theWAEs.
Lab 4-2: Enhanced - Configure MAPI Acceleration
In one of the most popular labs, you will set up WAEs to accelerate native Microsoft Exchange traffic between the servers and the Outlook clients. Using Cisco's MAPI AO, learn how to set it up and what to look for to ensure a successful implementation.
Lab 4-3: Exclusive - SQL Optimization
Learn how to get the best performance out of your infrastructure with non-obvious applications such as Microsoft SQL.
Lab 4-4: Exclusive - Scheduled Reports
This lab will demonstrate how to use the new WAAS 2.0 features to schedule reports and have them e-mailed for ease of use and management.
Lab 5-1: Design Labs
The design labs help you prepare and size up WAAS deployment to allow you to make informed decisions. Learn how to size appliances based on bandwidth, disk space, etc.
Lab 6-1: Configure WAAS Mobile Client
Configure and test the new WAAS mobile features in this lab.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Fundamental knowledge of data networking as provided by ICND1 - Familiarity with Microsoft networking technologies - ICND1 - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1
33 Cisco Learning Credits
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1345 times.