In this two-day course, you will begin at the beginning, and you will cover the role of the consultant, key consulting processes, and the consulting life cycle.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 27
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Guerilla Marketing Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Many professionals who are transitioning to consulting roles have little or no client relationship experience and approach the consulting role as a "blank slate". In this two-day course, you will begin at the beginning, and you will cover the role of the consultant, key consulting processes, and the consulting life cycle. This forms a useful and effective foundation for further study in the consulting certificate program.
To make the most of your classroom experience, you must complete exercises before and after the classroom sessions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- The Value of Technical Consulting
- The Consulting Engagement Life Cycle
- Review of Key Consultant Activities
- Key Consulting Competencies
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT professionals
- Others in technical roles who are new to the consulting role and who either are seeking to become technical consultants or wish to become more consultative in their work with their internal or external clients
Pre-Class: Preparation for the Classroom Sessions
- Pre-Course Self-assessment, Personal Benchmark
- Pre-Course Reading and Discussion with Manager/Coach
- Selection of Current Engagement or Project, and Discussion with Manager/Coach
- Three Aspects of Value
- The Three Relationships with Every Client
- Distinctions between Technician and Consultant
- Synchronization with the Project Life Cycle
- Engaging the Client
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- PPlanning and Implementing
- Ending the Engagement and Evaluating Results
- Identifying Clients and Stakeholders
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Prioritization and Problem Solving
- Communications with the Client Verbally and in Writing
- Managing and Enhancing the Relationship with the Client
- The Competency Model for Technical Consultants
- Competencies Associated with the Engagement Life Cycle
- General Competencies
- Building and Leveraging Business Acumen
- Communicating Effectively
- Advancing the Client Relationship
- Online Challenge Quiz
- Connecting Learning to the workplace
- Reviewing Key Models and Tools
- Reviewing with Manager/Mentor
- Key Learning
- Key Models and Tools
- Application to Specific Job Responsibilities
- Prerequisites & Certificates
15 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 43 times.