In this intensive Boot Camp, get the training and practice you need to design a strong, effective network as you prepare for the Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) v2.1 exam.
- Course Outline
In this intensive Boot Camp, get the training and practice you need to
design a strong, effective network as you prepare for the Designing for
Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) v2.1 exam required for Cisco
Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification. Our enhancements to
Cisco's authorized content, combined with case study practice and our
exclusive exam practice homework, will have you exam ready in only five
Plus, our exclusive exam prep guidebook provides
- Additional study aids to help you pass the CCDA exam
- Practical white papers
- Nightly homework
Boot Camp Hours
By providing focused homework each day, the in-class time is limited to a normal 8 am - 5 pm class day. However, you should expect to spend one to three hours each evening on homework, which is reviewed each morning.
What You'll Learn
- Principles of network design and the guidelines for building a network design solution
- How the Enterprise Composite Network model simplifies the complexity of today's networks
- Design an Enterprise Campus in a hierarchical modular fashion using Borderless Networks and modular design
- Design an Enterprise Campus network
- Design an Enterprise Edge network
- Select the appropriate Network Management Solution
- Design a network addressing plan
- Select optimal routing protocols for the network
- Design a modern data center using Cisco and industry best practices
- Evaluate security solutions for the network
- Design Voice over IP and IP Telephony
- Design a wireless solution using Lightweight Access Points and the Wireless LAN Controller
- All topics on the CCDA certification exam
- Test-taking tips and techniques
- Network Engineers
- Systems Administrators
- Network Designers
- Anyone who wants CCDA certification
- IT managers wanting greater skill in network design
1. Applying a Methodology to Network Design
- Identifying Design Requirements
- Characterizing the Existing Network
- Using the Top-Down Approach
- Implementing the Design Methodology
- Designing the Network Hierarchy
- Modular Approach to Network Design
- Infrastructure Services
- Network Management Protocols and Features
- Campus Design Methodology
- Designing the Campus Infrastructure Module
- Enterprise Data Center Considerations
- Enterprise Edge WAN Design Methodology
- Selecting Wide Area Network (WAN) Technology
- Designing the Enterprise Branch
- Designing IP Addressing
- Enterprise Routing Protocols
- Designing a Routing Protocol Deployment
- Defining Network Security
- Cisco Self-Defending Network
- Selecting Network Security Solutions
- Traditional Voice Architectures and Features
- Integrating Voice Architectures
- Voice Technology Requirements
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network
- Wireless Network Controller Technologies
- Designing Wireless Networks with Controllers
All of the CCDA case studies focus on the network design issues of a fictional hospital, ACMC. You will work in teams to solve the case studies, creating and maintaining a master design document throughout the week.
Case 1: Network Upgrade
Document customer requirements and the existing network, identify missing information, and outline a major network design, including the scope of the project and major design tasks.
Case 2: Network Structure and Modularity
Apply the structured design principles learned in class.
Case 3: Enterprise Campus Design
Use the Cisco concept of enterprise network modules to propose a redundant campus design for ACMC. Compare various combinations of Layer 2 vs. Layer 3 switching applied to access, distribution, and core modules.
Case 4: WAN Design
Select the most optimal WAN transport for ACMC, and develop a WAN backup strategy. Add additional offices to the network design.
Case 5: Network Addressing Plan
Develop a method for planning the IP address space and apply it based on ACMP's needs. Consider IP subnetting, VLSM, and summarization techniques, and incorporate them into the network design document. Select an appropriate routing protocol for ACMC and consider deployment issues.
Case 6: Network Security Design
Select the appropriate security solutions for ACMC based on principles learned in class and customer requirements.
Case 7: Voice Transport Over an IP Network
Consider the effect of transporting voice across the ACMC data network. Analyze multiple scenarios to test the effect on bandwidth for data-only and voice-only traffic. Also, analyze the effects of adding QoS. Finally, calculate combined voice and data traffic to fully understand the impact on ACMC's network design.
Case 8: Wireless Networking Solutions
Select the appropriate technologies, equipment, and topology for Wireless LAN deployment at ACMC.
Case 9: Adding More Hospitals to the ACMC Network
This mastery case study can be completed by each team on Friday or used as a take-home assignment.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- CCNA certification is highly recommended but not required - Familiarity with basic internetworking technologies such as LAN, WAN, bridging, switching, protocols, and network management - SWITCH and ROUTE are highly recommended - SWITCH - Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks v1.0 - ROUTE - Implementing Cisco IP Routing v1.0
31 Cisco Learning Credits
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 4910 times.