This workshop will help you to feel comfortable with saying "no", without feeling guilty and to speak up in a confident and effective manner. Learn to distinguish between the three basic positions: passive, assertive and aggressive.
- Course Outline
This workshop will help you to feel comfortable with saying "no" without feeling guilty and to speak up in a confident and effective manner. Learn to distinguish between the three basic positions: passive, assertive, and aggressive. You will complete exercises designed to help you identify your assertiveness style and gaps.
What You'll Learn
- Express what you want and assert your rights
- Prevent misunderstandings and conflicts
- Overcome self-defeating behaviours
- Improve the quality of your interactions with others
- Supervisors and Project leaders
- Administrative Assistants and Office Coordinators
- Anyone who would like to develop assertiveness skills
- Assertiveness Questionnaire Review
- Identify and Share Personal Goals for the Program
- Benefits to Being Assertive
- To You
- To the Organization
- What Does Assertiveness Sound Like?
- What Does Assertiveness Look Like?
- Body Language Identifiers
- What Assertiveness Is
- What Assertiveness Is Not
- Assertiveness Techniques and Strategies
- Verbal (Words to Avoid)
- Para-Verbal (Voice Supports Message)
- Non-Verbal (Body Language Queues)
- Providing Feedback as an Assertive Response
- Four Step Feedback Model
- Feedback Scenarios
- Responding to Feedback and Criticism
- Tips and Tools for Conducting Assertive Dialogues
- Saying "No" with Tact and Skill
- Emotional Intelligence
- Barriers to Assertiveness
- Knowing Your Intent
- Revisit Program Goals
- Set Action Plan
- Prerequisites & Certificates
7 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 12456 times.