This course provides the skills & knowledge necessary to install, operate, & troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches & routers, connecting to a WAN, and implementing network security.
- Course Outline
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, connecting to a WLAN, and implementing network security. This course is intended for network technicians, network administrators, and technical support personnel. ICND1 is strongly recommended as a prerequisite. However, with a reasonable understanding of networking and experience in the IT world, a student could successfully go directly to ICND2 with extra effort.
This course is also offered as part of our LIVE and ONLINE program.
Our LIVE and ONLINE learning modality delivers authorized Cisco training taught by a Cisco Certified instructor directly to customers.
Every student has access to the class through a standard conference bridge or VoIP with an optional USB Microphone-Headset. Each student has access to their own unique pod of equipment throughout the week of study. The online environment is created via WebEx, allowing a live instructor to deliver the training in real time. By incorporating slides, notes, examples, and Q&A sessions, the instructor is able to recreate the classroom experience. Our LIVE and ONLINE training is also completely interactive; students have the opportunity for discussion with the instructor as well as with their peers.
This course can be combined with ICND1 for the CCNA Boot Camp.
- Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Review how to configure and troubleshoot a small network
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking and spanning tree
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot OSPF
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements and to configure, verify and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network
- Describe when to use NAT or PAT on a medium-sized network and configure NAT or PAT on routers
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements
Module 1: Small Network Implementation
Lesson 1: Introducing the Review Lab
Module 2: Medium-Sized Switched Network Construction
- Lesson 1: Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Lesson 2: Improving Performanca with Spanning Tree
- Lesson 3: Routing Between VLANs
- Lesson 4: Securing the Expanded Network
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting Switched Networks
- Lesson 1: Reviewing Routing Operations
- Lesson 2: Implementing VLSM
- Lesson 1: Implementing OSPF
- Troubleshooting OSPF
- Lesson 1: Implementing EIGRP
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Lesson 1: Introducing ACL Operation
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Troubleshooting ACLs
- Lesson 1: Scaling the Network with NAT and PAT
- Lesson 2: Transitioning to IPv6
- Lesson 1: Introducing VPN Solutions
- Lesson 2: Establishing a Point-to-Point WAN Connection with PPP
- Lesson 3: Establishing a WAN Connection with Frame Relay
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting Frame Relay WANS
- Implementing a Small Network (Review Lab)
- Configuring Expanded Switched Networks
- Troubleshooting Switched Networks
- Implementing OSPF
- Troubleshooting OSPF
- Implementing EIGRP
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Implementing and Troubleshooting ACLs
- Configuring NAT and PAT
- Implementing IPv6
- Establishing a Frame Relay WANTroubleshooting Frame Relay WANs
- Prerequisites & Certificates
ICND1 or equivalent work experience.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3583 times.