The Active Leadership program provides the concepts and the practices of Leadership in a high-impact learning-environment to help leaders effectively coach, empower and lead individuals and teams to higher levels of performance.
- Course Start Date: May. 3
- Location: Mississauga
- Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Leadership and Management Development Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Intense competition coupled with flattened hierarchies, multi-dimensional teams and a diverse working environment characterize today's business climate. This reality requires a repertoire of leadership practices and skills for anyone responsible for getting results with and through others. Recent studies confirm the leader is the prime factor for creating a productive work environment and contributing to higher employee retention.
The Active Leadership program provides the concepts and the practices of Leadership in a high impact learning-environment to help leaders effectively coach, empower and lead individuals and teams to higher levels of performance.
What You'll Learn
- Assess personal leadership behaviors and attitudes that impact the performance of others
- Plan and deliver clear, concise communication to direct, guide and engage employees
- Understand what people need in order to change a behavior or practice
- Determine how ability and motivation impact performance and outcomes, regardless of the task
- Explore three different leadership styles and when they should be used to maximize the performance of others
- Match the appropriate leadership style to individuals and specific tasks
- Explore how the foundational principles of coaching impact coaching results
- Differentiate between "coaching for job" versus "coaching for career"
- Provide behavioral feedback that recognizes and rewards employee performance
- Use a consistent approach to providing feedback that reinforces desired behaviors and helps achieve performance improvements
- Assess performance gaps and improve task performance
- Coach, reinforce and create a motivational climate for employee growth and retention
- Create a personal development plan based on assessed leadership strengths and development needs
Those with direct reports, or charged with coordinating resources for projects or assignments
1. Benefits for the Individual
- Improved Knowledge and Skills for Effectively Coaching, Empowering and Leading Others and Getting Results
- Greater adaptability for leading a diverse workforce
- Increased confidence and capability for handling difficult and challenging situations
- Stronger leadership communication capabilities for assigning, reviewing and recognizing employee performance
- Greater confidence in providing meaningful feedback in both formal and informal settings
- Comprehensive inventory provides you with personal feedback on your specific leadership behaviours
- A practical, pragmatic approach to leadership that improves implementation of key strategies to achieve results
- Improved leadership capabilities that are key for sustaining an effective and efficient working climate
- More effective planning and utilization of resources
- Integration of the leadership skills and practices needed to lead a diverse workforce
- A greater focus on developing the Human Capital of the organization
- Increased capability in providing fact-based feedback to enable greater organizational achievements
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Self-Awareness
- Establishing Clear and Aligned Goals
- Managing Performance
- Coaching for Development
- Motivating Others
- Recognizing and Rewarding Performance
- Prerequisites & Certificates
21 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge at TCP Mississauga
5060 Spectrum Way
Canada L4W 5N6
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 22 times.