Learn how to effectively use the CiscoWorks apps contained in the LMS bundle. The focus is on finding the correct tools within CiscoWorks to document the network, long changes that occur, deploy global changes to devices, monitor network performance...
- Course Outline
This course teaches students how to effectively use the CiscoWorks applications contained in the LMS bundle. The focus is on finding the correct tools within CiscoWorks to document the network, long changes that occur, deploy global changes to devices, monitor network performance, and manage network faults. The labs are designed around students sharing two CiscoWorks servers set up in a Multi-Server Trust environment. The goal of this course is to effectively use CiscoWorks applications contained in LMS and find the correct tools to document the network, log changes, deploy global updates, monitor performance, and manage network faults. Students should have basic knowledge of Cisco IOS commands, Cisco Catalyst OS commands, TCP / IP, and Microsoft Windows. Students should also have basic Internet browser navigation skills as well as basic email usage skills.
Audience Anyone managing a medium to large network.
Channel Partners / Resellers, Customers.
Skills taught Upon completing this course, students will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe fundamental network management concepts
• Describe the CiscoWorks applications in the LMS bundle
• Prepare the various CiscoWorks repositories, databases, and applications for use
• Maintain an asset inventory using CiscoWorks tools for documenting the network and generating reports
• Manage network connections using CiscoWorks tools to view and troubleshoot network device, end user, host, and IP Phone connections
• Manage the configurations of network devices using CiscoWorks tools that help archive, modify, and detect changes
• Monitor the network using CiscoWorks tools that measure response time and device performance
• Manage the network faults, using CiscoWorks tools which help detect and isolate problems so they can be addressed before causing further network service degradation
• Describe various CiscoWorks system administration tasks
Course outline • Describing Network Management Fundamentals
• Introducing CiscoWorks
• Jump-Starting CiscoWorks
• Implementing Asset Management
• Managing Network Connections
• Managing Device Configurations
• Managing Network Performance
• Managing Faults in the Network
• Performing System Administration
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should have basic knowledge of Cisco IOS commands, Cisco Catalyst OS commands, TCP / IP, and Microsoft Windows. Basic Internet browser navigation skills and basic email usage skills also recommended.
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2531 times.