The goals of our 2-days seminar are to provide the participants with the essential knowledge, skills & techniques to plan, organize, manage & control simple & complicated projects using a standardized project management approach. Basic project management
- Course Outline
The goals of our two days seminar are to provide the participants with the essential knowledge, skills, and techniques to plan, organize, manage and control simple and complicated projects using a standardized project management approach. Basic project management and control essentials are presented throughout the project life cycle from project conception to project closing; such as scope management, time management, cost management, risk management, and quality management. Some important project planning and control tools are presented, such as the critical path method (CPM) as a scheduling tool, the earned value analysis (EVM) as a cost control tool, the net present value technique (NPV) as a decision making tool, and the decision tree analysis as a risk quantification tool. The basic objective of the seminar is to combine management fundamentals with practical tools to enable the participants to manage and control their projects effectively.
- Getting familiar with the steps to manage projects effectively
- Reviewing Each phase in the life cycle of a project using a standardized approach
- Improving performance and results through planning and tracking techniques
- Increasing familiarity with practical processes and tools that provide practical dimension to the course
- Project Managers
- Cost Estimators
- Procurement Managers
- Project Administrators
- The Project Life Cycle
- Types of Organizations and the Roles of Project Managers
- Contracts Forms, Project Delivery Systems, Selection Criteria and Key success factors
- The Use of Net Present Value (NPV) Technique in Selecting Projects
- The Project Charter: an invaluable tool in defining and planning a project
- Workshop to Create a Generic Project Charter
- Detailing the Project Charter and Creation of Deliverables
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS): An Effective Planning Strategy
- Workshop to Create WBS
- Defining Activities and Sequencing
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Planning Schedules and Budgets
- The Critical Path Method and Cash Flow Estimation
- Workshop to Solve Network Diagram using the Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Risk Breakdown Structures, Assessment, Quantification, and Response Planning
- Workshop to Assess Project Risks and Solving a Decision Tree
- Project kick-off meeting
- Tracking and Control
- Progress Reports and Meetings
- Managing Issues, Risks, and Changes
- Quality Assurance versus Quality Control
- The Use of Earned Value Method (EVM) in Cost Control and Forecasting
- Scope Verification and Administrative closure
- Benefits tracking
Upon Completion Of This Workshop Participant Will Be Able To:
- Understand the need to create a project charter during project initiation by filling out its basic components through a practical example
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different contracts forms and project delivery systems
- Learn the basic roles of the project manager in managing and integrating projects
- Create the work breakdown structure (WBS) and using it as the basis for effective estimation and scheduling of project activities through practical examples
- Create and reading bar (Gantt) charts and node networks, activity sequencing, and estimating durations using a variety of techniques through practical examples
- Understand the basics of resource management and establishing a resource responsibility matrix (RAM)
- Learn the basics of project risk management from the creation of the risk break down structure to planning and controlling risk responses
- Use forms and reports in managing issues, risks and changes
- Control projects using the Earned Value Management (EVM) to manage time and cost performance
- Understand the basic needs for project closing from scope verification to project post-mortem
Mohamed is a project management professional (PMP) with more than 10 years of hands-on experience covering a wide range of project management technical areas. He has planned and controlled large number of successful civil, mechanical and installation projects of varying size and complexity in Greece, the Gulf area and, the Middle East.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A certificate of completed Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be granted at the end of this course. Each participant will receive a complete set of course notes and handouts that will serve as informative references.
- Cancellation Policy
If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must advise us, in writing, including the official receipt. Our policies regarding refund are:
More than fifteen business days in advance: a full refund minus $50.00 administration charge.
Fifteen or less business days in advance: a transfer to another course or a credit, valid for one year, to another GIC course can be considered. Credits are transferable within your organization.
If the course has been running for more than 2 weeks, or after the course has started, an 80% credit towards another GIC course may be considered, if notice is received before the start date of the second session. After this time, no refunds or credits will be issued. If a speaker is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, another speaker of equal ability will be substituted.
GIC reserves the right to cancel or change the date or location of its events. GIC's responsibility will, under no circumstances, exceed the amount of the fee collected. GIC is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements or accommodations or the cancellation/change fees associated with cancelling them. Please call to confirm that the course is running before confirming travel arrangements and accommodations.
Refund Policy: Allow up to 30 days for refunds to be processed.
- Map & Reviews
Global Innovative Campus
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 395 times.