- Mechanical Engineering Training
- Effective Bearing Design: Application and Maintenance (1.2 CEUs)
- Course Outline
8:00am - Registration and coffee (1st day only)8:30am - Session begins
5:00pm - Adjournment
Breakfast, two refreshment breaks and lunch are provided daily. Description
Rolling bearings are precision made and reliable engineering components that are produced in millions and used in almost every machine today. This is the reason for developing a particular branch of science that deals exclusively with rolling bearings technology. This course will provide fundamentals of rolling bearing theory, design, application, maintenance and failure modes. Objectives
To understand fundamentals of anti friction bearings, their design, factors impacting their operation, their application, life and load calculations as well as failure modes.
At the completion of the course, participants will understand:
- The function of a bearing
- Components, terminology, and types of rolling element bearings
- How to select a proper bearing
The factors effecting the performance of rolling element bearings
- The bearing numbering system (Nomenclature)
- Principals of proper bearing mounting and dismounting procedures
- Importance of proper lubrication and practices
- Causes and modes of bearing failure
- Execute preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance plans related to bearings and rotating equipment.
- Design of bearing applications with respect to load magnitude and directions
- Full understanding of bearing operating conditions and modes of failure.
- Full understanding of bearing designation numbers
- Acquire sufficient knowledge to critically examine existing bearing usage in your facility
- Execute damage analysis of failed bearings
Engineers and Technologists involved with:
- Maintenance and Reliability
- Machine repair
- Design and project engineers and technologists
- Plant and Facilities engineers and technologists
Mechanical engineers who need to refresh their bearing knowledge
Professionals who need to upgrade their knowledge of bearings
After Participating in this Course, You will be Able to:
- Gain practical knowledge of bearing application and operation that you will be able to take back to your workplace and immediately apply.
- Select a proper bearing for any application.
- Increase your productivity by being able to immediately identify adequate maintenance routines including proper mounting and dismounting procedures.
- Identify any bearing by type and size, with a thorough understanding of it’s operational behavior.
- Add to your ability to identify causes of bearing failures, and failure modes.
Program Outline (1.2 CEUs / 12 PDHs)
- Rolling bearing types
- Boundary dimensions
- Bearing Clearances
- Elastic deformation and contact pressure
- Load distribution
- Static and Dynamic stressing
- Dynamic Load-Carrying capacity
- Equivalent Dynamic Load P
- Bearing arrangements (Locating and Floating)
- Direction and Flow of Force
- Minimum Load
- Radial seats
- Thrust seats
- Radial clearance (Bench clearance and operational clearance)
- Fixing the Bearing Rings
- Abutment Dimensions
- Design of Bearing Components and Housings
- Tapered bore bearings
- Cylindrical bore bearings
Causes of Damage
- Electrical Erosion
- Plastic Deformation
- Fracture and Cracking
Monitoring Rolling Bearings
- When to dismount the bearing
Voya Djordjevic Dipl.Ing. (M.Sc), P.Eng. is a Mechanical Engineer with more than 15 years of experience in power transmission (mechanical drives, drive packages, reducer retrofits and replacement), complete conveyor design, bearing maintenance, damage analysis, mechanical design, plant maintenance and plant shutdown planning. He worked for 12 years with a major Canadian industrial MRO distributor as Engineering Superintendent and Technical Services Manager. His engineered solutions (some single project values over 5M) and improved maintenance practices he implemented, can be found in many Western Canadian pulp and paper mils, port terminals, cement plants, mines, boats and other. He has developed a unique knowledge on bearing failure modes, and large bore bearing repair. He is a Canadian citizen and lives in New Westminster, BC, and is a member of APEGBC and APEGGA. He fluently speaks several languages.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEU / 12 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must advise us, in writing, including the official receipt. Our policies regarding refund are:
More than fifteen business days in advance: a full refund minus $50.00 administration charge.
Fifteen or less business days in advance: a transfer to another course or a credit, valid for one year, to another GIC course can be considered. Credits are transferable within your organization.
If the course has been running for more than 2 weeks, or after the course has started, an 80% credit towards another GIC course may be considered, if notice is received before the start date of the second session. After this time, no refunds or credits will be issued. If a speaker is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, another speaker of equal ability will be substituted.
GIC reserves the right to cancel or change the date or location of its events. GIC's responsibility will, under no circumstances, exceed the amount of the fee collected. GIC is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements or accommodations or the cancellation/change fees associated with cancelling them. Please call to confirm that the course is running before confirming travel arrangements and accommodations.
Refund Policy: Allow up to 30 days for refunds to be processed.
- Map & Reviews
Global Innovative Campus
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 296 times.