This course provides students with information &practice activities to prepare them to design, install, configure, monitor, & conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB & Enterprise installations.CCNA is strongly suggested as prerequisite
- Course Outline
This course provides students with information and practice activities to prepare them to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise installations. CCNA is strongly suggested as a prerequisite. This course is for network engineers/administrators/managers, system engineers, WLAN designers and project managers, and wireless support specialists.
This course is also offered as part of our LIVE and ONLINE program. Our LIVE and ONLINE learning modality delivers authorized Cisco training taught by a Cisco Certified instructor directly to customers.
Every student has access to the class through a standard conference bridge or VoIP with an optional USB Microphone-Headset. Each student has access to their own unique pod of equipment throughout the week of study. The online environment is created via WebEx, allowing a live instructor to deliver the training in real time. By incorporating slides, notes, examples, and Q&A sessions, the instructor is able to recreate the classroom experience. Our LIVE and ONLINE training is also completely interactive; students have the opportunity for discussion with the instructor as well as with their peers.
- Channel Partners / Resellers
- Describe wireless fundamentals, such as topologies, Radio Frequency (RF) principles and math, antennae, spread spectrum technologies, frames and physics, wireless regulatory bodies, standards and certifications, and the non 802.11 wireless technologies and their impact
- Describe the Cisco Unified Wireless networks basics and configure a Cisco Unified Wireless Network Controller and a Mobility Express Controller
- Describe and configure default OS wireless client configuration tools, use the Cisco Aironet Desktop Utility and Site Survey Utility, the Cisco Secure Services Client, and describe the Cisco Certified X (CCX) program
- Describe and configure wireless security
- Manage the wireless network from the Wireless Control System (WCS)
- Maintain and troubleshoot wireless networks
Module 1: Wireless Fundamentals
- Wireless Networks and Topologies
- Wireless LANs RF Principles
- Radio Frequency Mathematics
- Spread Spectrum Technologies Basics
- Wireless Regulatory Bodies, Standards and Certifications
- Examining Wireless Media Access
- Other Wireless Technologies and Their Impact
- Wireless Frame Journey: End-to-End
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network Architecture Basics
- Configure a Controller
- Discovering and Associating to a Controller
- Different AP Modes
- Managing the Network from the Controller
- Configuring and Migrating Stand-Alone Access Points
- Cisco Mobility Express Wireless Architecture
- Using Default OS Configuration Tool
- Cisco Aironet WLAN Client Adapter
- Cisco Secure Services Client
- Cisco Client Extension Program
- Wireless Security Framework and Components
- Establishing Basic IEEE 802.11 Security
- Centralizing the WLAN Authentication
- EAP Authentications
- Managing Authentication and Encryption with WPA and WPA2
- Configuring Security on Controllers and Clients
- WCS and Navigator
- Installing WCS
- Administering WCS
- Working with Controllers from WCS
- Working with Maps
- Monitoring the Network with WCS
- Maintaining the System
- Design and Site Survey Considerations
- Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Prerequisites & Certificates
CCNA is strongly suggested.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3408 times.