This two-day course teaches participants the skills necessary to author structured documents using FrameMaker. This course is developed specifically for clients requiring users to work with existing structured templates.
- Course Outline
This course introduces you to FrameMaker's structured interface and shows you how to create documents with elements. Learn about elements, their relationships to each other, and how to manipulate them in the structure view. You'll create content by inserting elements for text, cross-references, variables, and other components. By working with the elements in a sample structured template, you'll see how templates provide you with a structure for your document and offer time-saving features such as automatic insertion of elements.Overview:
This two-day course teaches participants the skills necessary to author structured documents using FrameMaker. This course is developed specifically for clients requiring users to work with existing structured templates.Delivery: Instructor-led, hands-on classroom delivery.
Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Understand the structure view; display structure view, insert the cursor in the structure view, move elements in the structure view, collapse and expand elements
- Modify existing content; change the element catalogue view, change elements, merge elements, split elements, wrap elements, modify element attribute values, add structure to unstructured content
- Insert elements into existing structured content; insert paragraph and character elements, insert table elements, insert graphic elements, insert anchor frames for drawn objects, insert anchored frames for imported graphics
- Insert cross-reference elements,
- Work with attributes,
- Copy and paste elements,
- Validate documents
- Create document and book files; create a new document, create a new document importing and formats and element definitions, add content to a blank document, build a structured book, add a table of contents, add an index, insert structured index markers, generate an index for a structured book
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion * Participants receive reference materials related to course topics. Follow up support by email or phone, on topics covered, is available to participants for 90 days (4 hour limit).
- Cancellation Policy
For training cancelled within 14 business days prior to the course date: 25% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled within 7 business days prior to the course date: 50% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled less than 5 business days prior to the course date: 100% of the total training fee.
Note: Failure to attend a course without notification of cancellation will result in a 100% charge of the total course fee.
- Map & Reviews
Front Runner Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 400 times.