Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, & misunderstood, combined with the demands of home, have become too much to handle. This workshop explores the causes of such stress, & suggests stress management strategies that people can use every day
- Course Outline
Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. Many people feel the demands of the workplace, combined with the demands of home, have become too much to handle. This one day workshop explores the causes of such stress, and suggests general and specific stress management strategies that people can use every day.
Specific learning objectives include:
• Understand that stress is a positive, unavoidable part of everybody’s life
• Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload
• Identify those situations in your life that cause you the greatest stress
• Identify those actions which add to your stress
• Change the situations and actions that can be changed
• Deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed
• Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Defining Stress and How It Affects Us
To begin, participants will discuss how they would currently handle stressful situations. Participants will also define stress, and they will learn what their score on the pre-assignment (the Holmes-Rahe stress scale) means. To conclude the session, participants will discuss the role of gender and health on stress.
What Is Stress About?
This session will explore the four things that stress is about. Participants will also learn about the positive effects of stress and what eustress is.
Building a Solid Foundation
Next, participants will learn about the four pillars of stress management. Special focus will be given to relaxation techniques.
This session will give participants two mental strategies to manage stress.
Stress at Work
During this session, participants will complete a stress inventory to help them identify areas of stress at work. Participants will also identify some solutions for work-related stress.
Time Management Tips
A little bit of planning can go a long way towards reducing stress. Participants will work in small groups to brainstorm ways of managing time.
Stress at Home
Next, participants will get some tips on running their household in a way that reduces stress, including budgeting, planning meals, general organization, and chores.
Drainers and Fillers
To wrap things up, participants will identify the things that drain and energize them. They will also take another look at the stressful situations from this morning to see how they might approach those situations differently now.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1420 times.