A great presenter has 2 unique qualities: appropriate skills & personal confidence. This confidence comes from knowing what you want to say & being comfortable with your communication skills. In this 2-day workshop, participants will master the skills...
- Course Outline
A great presenter has two unique qualities: appropriate skills and personal confidence. This confidence comes from knowing what you want to say and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this two day workshop, participants will master the skills that will make them a better speaker and presenter.
This workshop will teach participants how to:
- Gain rapport with your audience
- Reduce nervousness and fear
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Create a professional presence
- Prepare and organize information in different ways
Introduction and Course Overview
To begin you will get to know participants and discuss what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Participants will explore key communication skills, including how to start and end a conversation.
Edit Your Conversation
Next, participants will learn about characteristics that can make or break the audience’s impression of a speaker, including volume, clichés, slang, diction, jargon, and tact (or lack thereof).
Appropriately Sharing Yourself with Others
Participants will discuss self disclosure using the Johari window.
This session will explore the idea of trust and how self disclosure can help build relationships.
Participants will learn how to build their self-confidence – a key skill for any public speaker.
Making the Most of Meetings
Meetings are a central part of communication and cooperation within any organization. This session will give participants some ways to successfully prepare for and present at any meeting.
Participants will learn some ways to make sure their body language is sending the right message.
This session will give participants some tools to deal with uncomfortable situations.
Next, participants will explore the value of oral presentations.
Planning Your Presentation
During this session, participants will learn how to use PAFEO to plan their presentation.
To conclude the first day, we will look at some suggestions about delivery.
The STARR Pattern
Participants will learn a second way of organizing their presentation: the STARR pattern.
This session will focus on the nuts and bolts of creating your presentation.
Limit Your Information
During this session, participants will receive tips on how to reduce the volume of information in their presentation without watering it down.
Next, participants will look the value of audience profiles.
Your Speaking Voice
This session will look at the eight key parts of a presenter’s message.
Add Punch to Your Presentation
There are many types of visual aids. We will provide an overview of, and tips for, the most common visuals during this session.
To wrap things up, participants will prepare and present a short presentation. Participants will evaluate each other and provide constructive feedback.
Students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 792 times.