This workshop helps supervisors and managers create a more dynamic, loyal, and energized workplace. It is designed specifically to help managers and supervisors understand what employees want, and to give them a starting point for creating champions.
- Course Outline
Introduction and Course Overview: You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What is Motivation?: To begin, participants will explore motivation through a fun activity.
Supervising and Motivation: Next, we will look at three everyday objects that represent three approaches to motivation: the carrot, the whip, and the plant.
Motivational Theories: During this session, participants will explore Maslow's and Herzberg's theories of motivation.
Fear and Desire: For the pre-assignment, participants were asked to answer some personal questions about motivation. During this session, they will discuss their responses.
Setting Goals: Goal setting is an important part of motivation. This session will look at a SMART way of setting goals.
The Role of Values: During this session, participants will explore their feelings about various motivational factors.
Creating a Motivational Climate: This session will look at the reinforcement theory, also called the behavioral theory, of motivation.
Expectancy Theory: Next, participants will learn about the expectancy theory through a fun exercise and group discussion.
Applying Your Skills: During this session, participants will work on several motivational case studies.
Designing Motivating Jobs: This session will explore methods of designing (or redesigning) motivating jobs.
A Motivational Checklist: To wrap up the day, we will look at the ten things you can do to motivate employees on a daily basis.
Workshop Wrap-Up: At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 483 times.